Beyonce confirms A Star is Born role

Queen of Pop to star in Eastwood remake

Beyonce has confirmed her involvement with Clint Eastwood’s remake of A Star is Born on Good Morning America.

Talking of her grizzled director, she was quick to complement the-man-with-no-name.

“When I met him I was just in awe. I’m so, so honoured that he believes in me and I can’t wait to do this film.”

She added, “I represent this generation’s talent and for me to be the chosen person, as an African American woman, is incredible.”

Beyonce is yet to secure an Oscar nomination – a desire she has made no secret of.

But, with Eastwood at the helm and the (heavily) rumoured involvement of Leonardo Dicaprio, she may be one step closer to winning one of those little golden men.

Beyonce working with Eastwood, are you crazy in love with the idea? Or will it be a beautiful nightmare? Leave us a comment and let us know...

Comments

• KingofSpain

Jul 5th 2011, 13:12

Wet the bed! When did Madonna pop her clogs and why has nobody told me about it??

Jul 5th 2011, 14:24

Always thought of Beyonce as something of a stage-school robot. Her dead eyes can't bring themselves to react to to human emotions, her co-star in Dreamgirls won an Oscar even though she failed X-factor, a one-two blow to Cowell and Microsoft Beyonce...bwahahahaha

• KingofSpain

Jul 5th 2011, 14:52

Amen - she's just an overhyped and over saturated PR machine. Shame really, cos the girl can really sing and dance. Plus she'll never be a legend as she hasn't changed the game, nor does she have the emotional resonance as say Elvis, Lennon, Jackson, etc.

Jul 5th 2011, 19:39

Why all the hate for the world's greatest booty ?

• writerdave87

Jul 5th 2011, 20:29

It's clearly too bootylicious for Kingofspain and Hadouken 76...

• writerdave87

Jul 5th 2011, 22:28

If Eastwood picked her, I suggest we wait to pass judgement. I've only seen her in Austin Powers and thought she was fine.

• dupont

Jul 6th 2011, 16:04

They're not hiring her for her acting talent. They're hiring her to get hoards of people into the movie theatre. I love Clint. He is an absolute powerhouse, who can do no wrong. Apart from Hereafter. And I suspect Warners might be waving the B.O numbers of that in Clint's face when it comes to casting.

• jceaser

Jul 8th 2011, 23:07

Great booty, but thats about it.