Bryan Cranston responds to Lex Luthor rumours

“I think he’s misunderstood”

Ever since Batman vs. Superman was announced at Comic-Con, rumours have been swirling surrounding potential casting, including Bryan Cranston as a potential fit for Lex Luthor.

Cranston himself has now responded to the speculation, responding with a mischievous "give me a call" when asked whether he’d be interested in playing the role.

"I like Lex Luthor," continues Cranston. "I think he’s misunderstood. He’s a loveable, sweet man."

However, one stumbling block might be a return to the bald head sported by Cranston during the filming of Breaking Bad, a look that proved unpopular with his wife.

"She wasn’t so keen on the bald head," Cranston admits. “The bald head ages a man. It’s just that she didn’t know me that way."

"The last six years it’s all of a sudden like sleeping with a stranger — who was less exciting than her own husband. So I don’t blame her for being upset."

Would Cranston be a good fit for the role? Tell us, below!

Comments

• jamestaggart

Aug 14th 2013, 9:12

Isn't it a bit silly how all the actors being talked up for Lex Lythor are, or have been bald? Are people aware there are OTHER actors out there who are able to shave their head for this role? As much as I love Bryan Cranston, i would LOVE to see Sharlto Copley as Lex Luthor.

• smellyhands

Aug 14th 2013, 13:01

Dont worry Mr Cranston. Its a DC franchise. They can always spray on CGI over your hair to make you bald. After all look how successful a similar feat was accomplished in Green Lantern :/

Aug 14th 2013, 14:40

I love Cranston but I just can't picture him as Luthor, it would be cutting it to close to Heisenberg. Speaking of Heisenberg "Tread Lightly" God bless Netflix UK for showing the final season hours after it airs in America.

• chibik

Aug 14th 2013, 19:02

@jamestaggart: Interesting choice! If they did that, I might actually enjoy this movie.

Aug 14th 2013, 19:10

Lazy casting. Bring back Michael Rosenbaum!

• FBJBrown22

Aug 14th 2013, 23:32

jesus christ, this is getting pathetic, is everyone so narrow minded (including all the movie sites) and unimaginative that the only people they can connect with Lex Luthor is someone that is bald or has been bald, i dont remember Gene Hackman being bald in the role,FFS theres nothing to say that Luthor will even be in the next film and i personally hope he isn't, he's been done to death, you never know it could be Brainiac, wouldnt that be good Total Film you can spend your time linking anyone that has ever played an Alien with the role! what will tomorrows Lex Luthor rumour be? Right said Fred? or the guy from Crystal Maze?. Breaking news!!! every black man on earth could be up to play Nelson Mandela in his next biopic

• keithcharles

Aug 15th 2013, 3:27

Michael Rosenbaum refuses to shave his head because of the roles he's getting. Plus, getting him would be an even lazier decision

• tweetdtromp

Aug 27th 2013, 14:49

I love Bryan cranston I loved how funny he was in Malcolm in the middle and how cool h was in total recall and I'd love to see him in the next superman film as Alexander Joseph "Lex" Luthor (that's Lex Luthor's whole name) it would make my year if that happened Man of steel was awesome but why put batman's company in it that annoyed me