Bryan Singer teases release date for X-Men: Apocalypse

Next film slated for 2016

Bryan Singer has taken to Twitter to tease the next episode in the X-Men franchise, by posting a release date for a new project entitled X-Men: Apocalypse.

“#Xmen #Apocalypse 2016!” tweeted the director, before another tweet from Exhibitor Relations went on to claim a release date of 27 May 2016 for the upcoming project.

There’s no official confirmation as yet that X-Men: Apocalypse will be a sequel to X-Men: Days Of Future Past, but we’d say it’s a fairly safe bet that that’s what Fox has lined up…

As for the title itself, it almost certainly refers to the ancient and extremely powerful mutant, Apocalypse, one of the most enduring villains of the comic-books, who has tangled with the X-Men many times over the years.

His storylines often come up when time travel is involved, and given the premise of Days Of Future Past, it certainly looks as though Singer is paving the way for his introduction.

If this is indeed what's happening, we totally called it way back in October, when the first trailer landed

Expect to hear official confirmation from Fox in due course…

What do you make of Singer's tweet? Tell us, below!

Comments

• Gindalf0492

Dec 6th 2013, 9:32

Cool, wonder if its Patrick stewart and Hugh Jackman version or First Class ones? I hope is Hugh Jackman one but not bothered either way

• Chufferstud

Dec 6th 2013, 9:56

Whilst Batman is my all time favourite superhero, the Xmen film franchise is easily the best. X2 is one of the best superhero films ever. Only an opinion of course, before the haters start off :)

• marvelboy

Dec 6th 2013, 12:21

I have waited my whole live for this movie and now it's actually happening, I can't put in to words how excited I am but picture me running around the office waving like an inflatable man you see in American car showrooms

• X4X5campaign

Dec 6th 2013, 12:43

Best News of the whole Year!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now confirm Cyclops, Gambit and Archangel return and we're 100% Ready for 2016!

Dec 6th 2013, 14:35

Dec 6th 2013, 15:55

Vin Diesel for the voice over.

• soncloya

Dec 7th 2013, 4:53

my co-worker's sister-in-law makes $73 an hour on the laptop. She has been out of a job for 8 months but last month her paycheck was $21710 just working on the laptop for a few hours. read this post here my co-worker's sister-in-law makes $73 an hour on the laptop. She has been out of a job for 8 months but last month her paycheck was $21710 just working on the laptop for a few hours. read this post here WWW.Rin77.coℳ