Bryan Singer teases Wolverine's return

Another image from Days Of Future Past

Bryan Singer is keeping the stream of teaser material flowing nicely from the set of X-Men: Days Of Future Past, with the latest image giving a glimpse of the returning Wolverine.

Alright, it's only his back, but with that jacket and hair combo, Wolvie cuts a pretty unmistakeable figure. Not that the chap on his left looks too impressed, mind…

Take a look, below...

Having already cropped up in X-Men: First Class for one of the most hilarious cameo appearances in comic-book movie history, Hugh Jackman should have a little more to get his teeth into this time around.

A section of the film will take place in the future, with Wolverine and the rest of his team-mates locked up in a series of nightmarish mutant concentration camps. Something tells us he won't like that…

Directed by Singer and co-starring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence, X-Men: Days Of Future Past will open in the UK on 18 July 2014.

What do you think of the new image? Are you excited for Wolverine's return? Tell us, below!

Comments

• mattburgess

May 1st 2013, 10:55

I've heard some people saying that he shouldn't be in so many X-Men films. Personally, I'm glad he's in all of them, even if it's a tiny cameo - it adds a wonderful level of consistency. Unfortunately in this intance, I think it'll be a shame that he'll probably only be seen in the future, as he's the only character (except, arguably, Mystique) who will look the same in both time frames, and I'm sure something fun could be done with that.

May 1st 2013, 11:04

I just have a really bad feeling about this movie.

• mattburgess

May 1st 2013, 11:29

Ali - Why?

• BobTheSkull

May 1st 2013, 11:45

I was looking forward to this, up until the cast pretty much doubled. There are too many in the mix now. As much as it sounds cool - I loved this story in the comics - I'm with Ali... I'm expecting this to be overkill. The more that surfaces, the more worried I get.

• Bandini77

May 1st 2013, 11:45

Matt - Mystique didn't look the same in both time lines... ???

• FBALeal

May 1st 2013, 11:48

Bad feeling? Based on a picture? Give me a break. The movie will be great. I only wish Halle Barry wasn't in it, I really do not like her but that's just me of course. Otherwise I look forward to Days of Future Past.

• mattburgess

May 1st 2013, 15:10

Bandini - there is a scene in First Class where Mystique makes herself look like the human version of herself from X-Men 1 - 3.

• raypaw

May 1st 2013, 19:57

As an astute observer of cool jackets, I can say that even though it's not the same I get a similar "vibe" from this jacket and the one on the famous cover of the Days of Future Past comics. Nice touch.

May 2nd 2013, 10:09

Matt - The amount of cast members and high profile actors on set worry me, imagine all the agents involved battling to increase screen time for their clients. Plus the fact this is suppose to be a sequel to First Class but is being helmed by Singer, it's going to have a completely different feel to the original. Also time travel is tricky to do correctly.

• SiMan

May 2nd 2013, 12:53

I suppose one thing about all this worry about the cast being too big is that we don't actually know the full extent of how much screen-time the 'future' X-Men will have. For all we know, it could be just something like a 10-15 minute opening set in the future, then cuts back to the 'First-Class' days and stays with them. Only Time will tell!