Carey Mulligan to star in new Nicolas Winding Refn project

Actress reunites with Drive director for 'sex thriller'

Carey Mulligan will once again work with Drive director Nicolas Winding Refn on 'sex thriller' I Walk With The Dead, according to The Hollywood Reporter (via The Playlist).

The movie apparently has financing in place, and will shoot after the prolific Danish auteur's next, Only God Forgives, a Thai boxing flick with Ryan Gosling.

Winding Refn is also developing a remake of Logan's Run with Gosling.

I Walk With The Dead is dubbed a 'sex thriller,' but little is known about it in terms of plot. In an interview with The Playlist from a couple of years back, Winding Refn said, "I’ve always wanted to make a movie with lots of sex.

"So I wrote this story called I Walk With the Dead and it takes place in Miami and it’s just going to have a lot of sex in it. I have two films that are getting made with French investors and one is Only God Forgives and one is I Walk With the Dead."

As Mulligan is still best known for good-girl roles in An Education, Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps and Never Let Me Go, this sounds like an opportunity for her to shed that image.

Mulligan is currently shooting Baz Luhrmann's The Great Gatsby, and she has also completed work on Steve McQueen's Hunger follow-up, Shame.

Drive opens in the UK on 23 September 2011.

Are you a fan of Nicolas Winding Refn's diverse, divisive pics? Is Mulligan extremely savvy in her career choices? Share your thoughts…

Comments

• joker16

Sep 4th 2011, 14:24

I'm getting really tired of seeing her in everything.

Sep 4th 2011, 17:52

Tired of that little cute minx why ????

• joker16

Sep 4th 2011, 22:13

@dalidab Not everyone is a raging homosexual like yourself dude. Some men like vagina, it's just that I'm not crazy about hers. I mean just look at that pic of her above. It doesn't exactly scream "sexy."

• joker16

Sep 4th 2011, 23:37

@dalidab You sound just like some weird gay guy from a Bret Easton Ellis novel.

• writerdave87

Sep 5th 2011, 0:14

Dalidab go put your head in an oven you psycho little paedophile.

• joker16

Sep 5th 2011, 5:27

Nobody can really give it to Dalidab the way he deserves it like Writerdave87. Didn't mean that in a gay way, although no doubt Dalidab's one track mind would probably take it that way, the sick f**k.

Sep 5th 2011, 16:47

Don't feed the troll !

• writerdave87

Sep 5th 2011, 23:54

I don't actually, I've just been in and out of hospital getting my throat operated on and like to read this to discuss films, not your toe-curlingly detailed sex life. You've told people on here you hope they die of cancer, you've threatened and cried and thrown temper tantrums and tbh I really don't care I just wish you'd go away. You're a hypocritical little weirdo, and the funny thing is that you don't realise how much people take the p**s out of you because most of them aren't as direct as me- you're just too stupid to pick up on when you're being made fun of.

• writerdave87

Sep 6th 2011, 9:26

Always nice to see your true colours dalidab! If you want to slit my throat you'd be welcome to try, but as in the real world you're just a tubby little bald actor with an unhealthy obsession with young boys I think I'll be fine.

• trist808

Sep 6th 2011, 14:59

Mulligan has a natural beauty to her, she's not fake like many of her Hollywood counterparts or even some of the English ones. In Never Let Me Go, I much preferred her over Knightley, yet she's the one who's glamorise and apparently gorgeous (depending on what you read and where). Plus as an actress, Mulligan actually has talent, makes her more relatable. Haha, Joker16, She's not in everything, but I for one am happy to see her profile raised and looking forward to seeing her in more films, especially the upcoming Drive :)