Chris Hemsworth talks Thor 2

Says it has a “completely different feel”

Thor: The Dark World will be one of the super-sequels leading Marvel’s Phase Two charge, and Chris Hemsworth has taken the time to inform fans that there will be a very different feel to the new movie.

“The look of the film is a lot bigger than what we did even previously,” says Hemsworth. “The first one worked and people loved it, but this is with a different director and just has a totally different feel. There’s a definite Game Of Thrones vibe thanks to [director] Alan [Taylor].

“We have six weeks to go to shoot. This is the trickiest bit, because you can go, ‘Oh, yeah, we’re past the halfway mark!’ which isn’t a good idea, because you’re not finished yet. You sort of get that second wind about now or you hope to and push on through.”

Meanwhile, Hemsworth also confirms that Jane Foster’s non-appearance in The Avengerswill also be addressed.

““For Thor and Jane, there are some unanswered questions now, since obviously he didn’t stop in and catch up with her in Avengers. Thor might have some explaining to do in this one… There’s some fun to be had with that. And with Loki, we get down to the major bones of our conflict with everything that’s come from Thor to Avengers to now.”

Thor: The Dark World opens in the UK on 8 November 2013.

What are you hoping to see from the sequel? Tell us, below!

Comments

• WoodStak

Nov 21st 2012, 9:02

I look forward to seeing more mighty Mjolnir action! FOR ASGARD!!!

• BobTheSkull

Nov 21st 2012, 9:09

I can't wait for this. Seriously stoked! I can see it losing some mainstream viewers though. Its all fine and well introducing the character in bizarre worlds before coming to Earth, but to spend what appears to be most of the film there might be too much for some people. I know some of my friends hated Thor cos they couldn't understand what was going on when he wasn't on Earth. Nevermind though, at least I should get a good seat at the cinema if it does go that way :P

• NickyC

Nov 21st 2012, 9:31

I hope they've kept some of the Shakespearean tone from the first one. That said, I think it's really cool that they're expanding it, too. My big hope is that after Avengers there will be more integration between the stories. A true cinematic universe. I'm currently saving my geek juices for Iron Man 3, but once I'm spent I shall be bracing myself for this.

• Monkeynuts30

Nov 21st 2012, 10:27

I don't think losing a few so-called fans from Thor will be an issue; the real fans know he's more about the Nine Realms and others will still go to watch it so they're in the loop for Avengers 2.

• MikeyRix

Nov 21st 2012, 11:31

I'm not well acquainted with the comics, but personally, I can't wait, if this is going to explore the Nine Realms a bit more! Better that and bring new challenges etc. to light than just stick to what's been established. :D

• mattburgess

Nov 21st 2012, 15:22

I miss when 95% of the news on Total Film was about Marvel's Phases One and Two.

• FBJRider

Nov 21st 2012, 16:26

I really hope he's right about the Game of Thrones feel about it and I hope it's more fantastical than the first one. I'm sure it will be as long as they're not on Earth too much and concentrate more on the other worlds. Although the Dark Elves looks to have guns, if they have alienish technology it might spoil the feel of the film but I guess we'll have to wait till next year to see.

Nov 22nd 2012, 2:28

As a fan of Thor and Game Of Thrones this article arouses me.

• ashaara

Nov 22nd 2012, 5:57

Let's see... Okay, I want to see (in no particular order) an incredible, heartfelt reunion between Thor and Jane Foster; Thor and Loki fighting together as brothers once again; Loki up to his usual mischief, mayhem and tomfoolery; Thor in his mother's drapes handing out some glorious Asgardian payback; Loki breaking down when Frigga forgives him; Odin owning the screen whenever he's in the shot and spontaneously saying "HWARGH!" to Loki at least once; a lot more of Lady Sif and the Warriors Three (already missing Josh Dallas), as well as Darcy and Erik Selvig; some exceeding stellar discussions about Iggdrasil and the Nine Worlds; amazingly fantastical new alien landscapes; a goosebump-raising soundtrack, and an epic storyline that will exceed all of our expectations. Oh, and a cameo by Agent Coulson because we all know he can't possibly be dead. That's all I can think of for the moment. It could happen! ツ