Chris Pratt talks up Guardians Of The Galaxy

“It’ll be the Citizen Kane of movies other than Citizen Kane”

Chris Pratt is set to head up one of the most eclectic blockbuster casts of next summer when Guardians Of The Galaxy lands in cinemas, and the star has been happy to talk up expectations of the Marvel extravaganza.

“I think we’re getting good stuff,” he says. “I don’t know what to say about it other than it might be - Oh! It’s the greatest movie of the 21st century! That’s what I’ll say. It’ll be the Citizen Kane of movies other than Citizen Kane.”

One for the poster, there. On a more serious note, Pratt also went on to discuss the possibility of some crossover with the other Marvel properties, and is keen to stress that the film is very much part of a shared Marvel universe.

“What’s nice is that it is all the same universe,” says Pratt. “Because it falls under the Marvel umbrella, there is the possibility, just like in the comic books, that these stories could intersect.”

“A lot of it’s just going to depend on what people think of the movie and if it makes sense for Marvel to keep making more of them. But I sure hope it does because I’ve never done anything like it. I hope they make ten of them.”

Directed by James Gunn and co-starring Benicio Del Toro, Zoe Saldana, Glenn Close and John C. Reilly, Guardians Of The Galaxy will open in the UK on 1 August 2014.

What are you hoping to see from Guardians Of The Galaxy? Tell us, below!

Comments

• chibik

Aug 30th 2013, 7:17

This is currently my most anticipated Marvel movie, followed closely by Cap 2.

• trist808

Aug 30th 2013, 7:42

Same here, if nothing else it will at least be unique and offer something different

• timbatman

Aug 30th 2013, 8:02

I'm in this as an extra! The production looked mind-blowing from the tiny bit we saw - can't wait to see how it all turns out =D

• ilikescifi

Aug 30th 2013, 16:40

im beginning to feel like this will be Marvel's answer to Star Wars, even tho they are both Disney, but the illusion of choice is still cool, as always

• ilikescifi

Aug 30th 2013, 16:41

timbatman i am so jelly

Aug 30th 2013, 17:03

I am way more excited for GOTG than I am for Age of Ultron. BTW If you haven't seen Chris Pratt before do yourself a favor and buy/rent/stream Parks and Recreation, he's hilarious in it and it's easily one of the best comedies on tv at the moment.

• marvelboy

Aug 30th 2013, 18:57

I agree, this is defo the most anticipated marvel movie and I agree more excited about this that Age of Ultron, I've said all a long this will be a film for the true comic but fans and even if the general public don't get it GOTG will rock. @Ilikescifi maybe Disney will be testing the intergalactic water with this, but if they use this as a starting point I'm sure Disneys Starwars will be epic

• ilikescifi

Aug 31st 2013, 5:14

I think u r right marvelboy, Star Wars will only benefit from this. Funny how the original Star Wars has influenced all these other films since, which in turn will influence new Star Wars, not so much in terms of mythology but how it all appears on screen.

• Mattsimus

Aug 31st 2013, 12:15

Yeah ive gone from being completely disinterested in this to rather looking forward to it, Marvel really are quite clever with their gradual progression in terms of marketing and updating the masses on whats going on, not to mention the impressive cast so....... hell im in!