Comic-Con 2014: First look at Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman in Batman V Superman

Super-Gal!

Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman has been revealed in an exciting first-look by Zack Snyder, who was presenting his Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice at Comic-Con 2014.

Glad in Xena-esque get-up, Gadot's Diana Prince looks almost like a gladiator, with the costume design going for more of a fantasy feel than a sci-fi vibe.

Check out the image in full below:

[Click on the image to see it in hi-res]

Snyder also presented the first footage of Ben Affleck's Batman at the panel. Clearly inspired by Frank Miller's The Dark Knight Returns, the rain-soaked footage saw Bats in a souped-up suit pulling the cover off of the bat-signal, clearly spoiling for a fight with Henry Cavill's Superman.

Cavill, Affleck and Gadot all joined Snyder on-stage in what was possibly the highlight of Comic-Con so far.

Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice opens in the UK on 29 April 2016.

What do you think of Gal Gadot's Wonder Woman look? Tell us below!

Comments

Jul 26th 2014, 18:12

The suit looks good. Still not sold on Gadot though, I'll need to see her in action.

• CaptainCrazy

Jul 26th 2014, 18:43

Give her a chance Ali. I thought Dave Bautista would be a joke in GOTG (his dtv movie performances indicated as much) but happily I have been proven wrong.

• MillerCrosses

Jul 26th 2014, 18:54

So it'll either be as bad as 300 or Sucker Punch, woohoo.

• CaptainCrazy

Jul 26th 2014, 19:02

Or as good as Dawn of the Dead or Watchmen.

• MillerCrosses

Jul 26th 2014, 19:35

But not the original masterpiece Dawn of the Dead or masterpiece comic Watchmen, just Snyders versions.

• endofdays2

Jul 26th 2014, 19:48

How about watching it before judging? I'll admit I wasn't overly sold on Gadot but this has changed my mind a bit, she looks great as WW.

• CaptainCrazy

Jul 26th 2014, 21:31

We'll said endofdays.

Jul 26th 2014, 22:20

I am not trying to be nasty towards Gadot I just don't have a lot of confidence in this casting. No matter how cool she may look in the image it's not going to change the fact that she's an ex model with limited acting experience, not to mention a physical frame that doesn't really scream Amazonian warrior.

• Wolfy82

Jul 27th 2014, 5:33

I'm with Ali on this one, they've had casting probs from the start including Ben affleck lol

• YTWhitemanson

Jul 27th 2014, 9:07

sweet guns of gaza! run, m**********rs, run

• SiMan

Jul 27th 2014, 9:32

the colour pallet suggest this is going to be another sombre looking movie like MoS. Think Snyder needs to input a little more vibrancy into this to make it feel like a comic book movie, the way Avengers Assemble did

• JoseyWales

Jul 27th 2014, 14:21

I'm sorry, Wonder Woman is supposed to be Amazonian and look like she can kick peoples asses. Gadot looks like every other run of the mill model body type boring as s**t actress. She looks like a bit player in xena warrior princess. My 10 year old daughter could probably take her in a fight.

• dirkbowler

Jul 27th 2014, 16:07

Come on people... "Glad" in Xena-esque get-up That should read... "Clad" in Xena-esque get-up

• QuietLife

Jul 28th 2014, 11:28

Whinge all you want but you'll still pay to see it. You need to cheer up and enjoy the experience of watching a movie, made by people who are there to entertain. It's not going to kill off your love of a character to see it miscast. Oh, and by the way.... Schwiiinng!

• vincevega

Jul 28th 2014, 11:58

QuietLife - couldn't agree more...bit too much unconstructive whinging on here. oh... and I was baffled by the fact we went 13 comments without a single schwing... you fixed that quiet well.

• Mck123

Jul 28th 2014, 14:46

Can't post a link to the teaser trailer unfortunately but a quick google search will get you there. Just a shame it is not Josh Brolin under that mask!!!! My worry is that it looks like The Dark Knight Returns with the costumes etc but with the casting and Synder at the helm it is going to be all style with very little substance. Destroying cities and smack down's between superhero's does not make an engaging film it is the little nuances that make it...Which Nolan got so right in his first two. In an ideal world I would like to rewind to 2008 and start again after The Dark Knight when DC had the lead. Making intelligent comic book movies - everything since has been abysmal/divisive. Oh and Gal Gadot - she is OK in the role, Maybe Gina Carano would have been better but may have been to obvious. The Costume is underwhelming rather like all the others so far, just a little drab..

• vincevega

Jul 28th 2014, 15:17

Mck123 - don't agree this time ;) I think MoS was great, even the destroying cities part... I'm not watching a Godard movie, I want fun, laugh, entertainment and excitement! but unless you do like Nolan and give the best parts to the vilain, you are classed as pueril and stupid... costume is great, she looks great and it will be gigantic ;) (oh and affleck will be great!)

• Mck123

Jul 28th 2014, 16:48

Vince- In part you are right, fun and excitement is what we want. But I am getting a little bored of watching cut scenes for video games writ large. I know it may sound a little strange but one of my fondest memories of TDK is when both Bruce Wayne and The Joker throw away their Champagne just a nice little touch giving more insight into the characters. Don't see that happening in BvsS. It is the depth of character that drives Batman and gives him the longevity not the thrills of CGI fight scenes. Is everyone sure this is coming out in 2016? from the marketing it still seems like a 2015 release!!

• Chufferstud

Jul 29th 2014, 15:48

For goodness sake Snyder, anyone can see that the leather used to make her costume is sub-standard. The stitching is something you'd find in Primark and don't get me started on the hair dryer that was used to do that monstrosity of a wave. No good will come of this film, no good I tell you!

• vincevega

Jul 30th 2014, 14:50

haha!

• hanoliverypa34

Aug 6th 2014, 12:01

just as Troy said I can't believe that anybody can earn $9781 in a few weeks on the computer . visit homepage >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> W­W­W.J­u­m­p­­62.C­o­­­m