Dark Knight Rises set for Operation Early Bird

UPDATE: Operation Early Bird revealed...

The Dark Knight Rises’ viral marketing campaign continues apace today with the release of a new document referring to something called Operation Early Bird.

Coming hot on the heels of the two documents released yesterday, the new information was released via the viral Twitter account @thefirerises . Much of the information is again blacked out, but from what we can tell, Early Bird refers to a Special Forces operation to extradite Dr. Leonid Pavel.

As if that weren’t enough to get us all excited, a new website has been set up bearing the name Operation Early Bird, in which a clock counts down to 6pm this evening.

Hopefully by then we’ll have a better idea of what all this subterfuge is about, and just how the good doctor will fit into Nolan’s movie.

The Dark Knight Rises
is released in the UK on 20 July 2012. In the meantime, here’s the latest document for you to pore over…

UPDATE: Well, at the stroke of 6pm yesterday, Operation Early Bird revealed itself as a high-tech map, detailing IMAX locations worldwide where screenings of The Dark Knight Rises' prologue will take place next week.

Unsurprisingly, tickets have been snapped up fast, but there are still a few locations remaining - get in quickly if you want to revel in 6 minutes of IMAX goodness.

If you can't get tickets for one of these screenings, you're next best chance is to catch Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol at an IMAX venue capable of projecting the full 70mm experience, as the prologue will be playing as an epic sorta-trailer then.

Did you manage to get prologue tickets? Let us know, below.

Comments

• murphy

Dec 9th 2011, 11:10

Someone who thinks The Dark Knight was sh!t doesn't deserve to see TDKR,so you just stick to watching Batman & Robin Dalid!ck,i wonder what crazyrapeguys humble opinion is on this?

• FBGRoberts

Dec 9th 2011, 12:06

This film is going to be excellent - viral marketing campaigns immerse the public in the pre-release hype and really make the opening dramatic. Dark Knight Rises is going to be insanely huge and excellently balanced - Nolan knows exactly what he's doing. Has he made one s**t piece of work yet? Pick one of his films and it's incredible stylised, immersive and intellectual. Even his first commercial short Doodlebug had a stylish, intelligent (not unpredictable) and Lynch-ian feel to it... Put your faith in Nolan's faith. He trusts the viral campaign to excite the crowds and he trusts himself to deliver the climax of the campaign and the trilogy... One of the top three trilogies of all time is incoming, just wait for the release of THAT box-set... Showings in cinemas of all 3 films, back-to-back... I think that's testament to Nolan's skill as a visionary auteur, that fans of the work he does can forsee themselves paying cash for the same franchise year(s) into the future...

• murphy

Dec 9th 2011, 12:44

F U C K you CrazyFailGimp!,The Dark Knight and Inception are both Quality,you probably didn't appreciate them because you have the intellectual capacity of a stoned goldfish.Stick to watching Battlefield earth you complete and utter @rse!

• MrFuji

Dec 9th 2011, 14:14

@murphy, dude chill everyone has a right to there opinion. I think that TDK and Inception are amazing films but when you just spout abuse at someone your just making the other persons argument more appeasable. Just state your opion, enjoy what you want and go watch the movies yo uwant to watch without worrie. @CrazyFilmGuy I think inception can be taken a lot of ways and perfectly understand if someone doesn't like it. TDK though was a really good film at the end of the day so I just curiouse why you happen to not like it? (I know the ad campain overall was a bit lame but it did have some merit and good for a laugh). I have yet to watch insomnia by Christopher but the orinoal is really excelent peice of work I recomed it.

• liamio2802

Dec 9th 2011, 14:28

CrazyFilmGuy how can you one second call Batman Forever "balanced" and then the dark knight rises a "s**t" film your f**king clueless. Also if you do think TDK was "s**t" why do you think TDKR will be awesome? Also Zoolander didnt say dalilick my balls HANSEL said DERILICK my balls (as the campaign Zoolander was doing was Derilickt) then Zoolander responded with "I can derelick my own balls". Why did you think it was Dalilick do you just hear homoerotic iterations of your own online profile everywhere are you that f**king crazy?

• writerdave87

Dec 9th 2011, 15:17

Anyone else start to think Dalidab is actually genuinely insane? No normal person is that stupid.

• murphy

Dec 9th 2011, 15:17

@MrFuji,i am chilled, and i respect peoples right to have different opinions,you must be new to this sight because once you've heard enough of that tw@ts opinions, even if you're the most laid back person in the world, you suddenly want to hit small children in the face with kittens!

• murphy

Dec 9th 2011, 15:49

Your right writerdave87,he's like a brain damaged karl pilkington,after a severe head trauma from which the swelling hasn't went down,leaving him looking like a radioactive potato with mumps,on acid or something! :-/

• albongo

Dec 9th 2011, 18:10

Allow me to discredit ANY opinion given by idiots. Fact: The Dark Knight IS a classic. If you prefer rubbish like Batman And Robin then you do not need to speak up, because it automatically places you in the lower intellect group. Fact: Nolan is a genius. Denying this shows what you know. Fact: The Dark Knight and its viral campaign was brilliant. Fact: The Dark Knight Rises will be amazing and therefore its campaign will show that. Now, let us all enjoy what is yet to come because I for one, am very excited.

• Miles

Dec 9th 2011, 18:37

umm, just to let you know guys, this was a website in were you could pre-oder tics for the dark knight rises online, although it took a bit of time, just got mine for the london bfi imax, so happy!!

• Miles

Dec 9th 2011, 18:37

• StevePotter

Dec 10th 2011, 0:23

I respect people's opinions, but I understand why people are upset. When people say they don't like "The Dark Knight" I have an instant urge to punch them in their faces. I repress it and remind myself that people have their own opinions.

• Indianabones

Dec 10th 2011, 6:40

Jack Nicholsons played The Joker like Jack Nicholson

• FBDBullock

Dec 10th 2011, 11:27

I think some people say they don't like something just for the sake of it, whatever film. Sometimes I've known people saying that they hate films they've not even seen. Anyway, moving on....I still think this is going to be a VERY special film indeed. Have tickets for London Waterlook IMAX. Get ON!

• FBALee

Dec 10th 2011, 15:08

Thanks, dalidab/cfg for ruining this site for me. I hate coming on here and feeling my blood boil because of your argumentative, inane comments. Really, don't bother replying, like you always do, because from now on if I do visit this site, it will be only to view the actual articles. I will no longer partake in these discussions or even glance at the comments. Because you destroy every conversation until no one is even talking about the latest bit of film news that is supposed to be the focus point. Way to suck the joy out of everything with your stupid comments and pointless trash-talk. Yes, you are a troll, and I shouldn't even bother with this, but just wanted everyone to know that YOU ARE FORCING PEOPLE AWAY because you make it such a hostile environment. I don't understand why you can't just say your two cents then move on.. but you stalk each comment page, waiting to attack or "defend" or whatever you think you are doing in your tiny little pea brain. So, fond farewell, people. Live long and prosper. Except for dalidab/cfg.

• bachchan

Dec 10th 2011, 19:31

What is with all the trolling on TF of late? If we can just discuss the movies on the site, that would be great. Sorry for ranting.

• nkutzler

Dec 11th 2011, 6:32

I have to agre with bachchan, and I'm not even going to explain how ridiculous "Poison Eve" is. Sorry, moment of weakness. Anyway, Nolan hasn't done wrong by me yet, and the next film looks just about flawless to me. I can't wait for some expansion to Inception, for some great, original goodness.

• MikeyRix

Dec 11th 2011, 22:41

@bachchan You and me both, mate! Next thing you know CFG will be proclaiming Bieber as the next Olivier...

• writerdave87

Dec 11th 2011, 23:51

You wanted George Sampson to play Jason Statham's son in the Expendables 2. You really don't have a leg to stand on.

• StevePotter

Dec 12th 2011, 20:59

No offense to you or anything CFG, but Bieber was c**p in CSI. Then again, him getting killed was one of the greatest moments in TV history, but that's just because he got shot about six times. Tommy Wiseau would have been better; at least that would be entertaining.

• FBRHardill