David Cronenberg’s The Fly sequel is ready to go

Script is finished…

David Cronenberg has written a sequel to The Fly and is waiting for Fox to decide whether they want to make it.

Pressed about rumours of a Fly remake at a recent Dangerous Method junket, Cronenberg said.“The Fly is not exactly a remake, it’s sort of a sequel, kinda.

"Yeah, that was a thing. I’ve written a script of that, and I don’t know if that’s going to really happen, but that has to do with Fox.”

We’re not sure what would stop Fox wanting to greenlight a sequel to The Fly written and possibly directed by Cronenberg. Perhaps they’re really attached to Chris Walas’ The Fly II

Or perhaps they were so traumatised by the bit with the dog in that film that any script marked 'The Fly II' goes straight into the bin.

Either way, it’s an exciting prospect.

We currently live in a world where Ridley Scott is attached to a prequel to Alien and a sequel to Blade Runner, and David Cronenberg is sitting on a Fly 2 script.

Which is pretty weird when you think about it.

So, are you up for The Fly 2 or are you fed up of sequels and remakes and prequels? Or would you rather they just hurried up and made a follow up to Mansquito? Tell us!

Comments

• demmike

Oct 4th 2011, 14:18

so will it disregard the already in existence Fly 2??

Oct 4th 2011, 14:40

Theres already a Fly 2 starring an F1 commentator.

• ChrisWootton

Oct 4th 2011, 14:58

I didn't mind the sequel.. the third would have to have a pretty amazing plot to interest me though.

• alexr

Oct 4th 2011, 15:22

I'd love to see a Cronenberg sequel to The Fly, and yes, completely ignore that s**te that was The Fly II. Having said that, I watched The Fly recently. It didn't hold up too well...

• ChrisWootton

Oct 4th 2011, 16:06

Really? I watched it last week and thought it was just as good. It's such a heartbreaking and disturbing film.

• alexr

Oct 5th 2011, 9:17

@ChrisWootton Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it and felt the same sense of dread and foreboding throughout the film, but I was disappointed that the special effects haven't held up so good. Saying that, The Fly was a reasonably budgeted 1986 movie so perhaps I should forgive it a little...came out a month after Aliens did - what a summer THAT was!!!