David Fincher's Girl With The Dragon Tattoo gets a full trailer

"She's different… in every way"

A full-length trailer for David Fincher's The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo has arrived online at MSN.

After the spiky, strobing teaser, this longer promo gives the uninitiated a much better idea of what to expect in terms of plot.

Considering its more measured pace, the trailer does a fine job of cranking up the tension while establishing the main characters: Mikael Blomkvist (Daniel Craig) and Lisbeth Salander (Rooney Mara).

All eyes are obviously going to be on Mara, and from this footage it looks like she might be able to hold her own in the shadow of Noomi Rapace's superb performance in the Swedish movies.

And, given some dialogue here, she seems to vindicate Fincher's decision to shoot in Swedish-accented English (although it sounds like Craig has stuck with his own English tones).

The trailer also does a pretty good job of setting up the supporting characters - Henrik Vangar (Christopher Plummer), Dragan Armansky (Goran Visnjic) and Nils Bjurman (Yorick van Wageningen) - and showcases the hypnotic thrum of Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross' soundtrack.

Check out the new trailer right here:

<a href='http://video.uk.msn.com?vid=711ed3f0-7b20-9609-c37f-de9511616b9a&mkt=en-gb&src=FLPl:embed::uuids' _fcksavedurl='http://video.uk.msn.com?vid=711ed3f0-7b20-9609-c37f-de9511616b9a&mkt=en-gb&src=FLPl:embed::uuids' target='_new' title='The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Exclusive Trailer' >Video: The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Exclusive Trailer</a>

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo opens on 26 December 2011, meaning there's much more than leftover turkey to look forward to this boxing day!

Has this got you super-stoked for Fincher's take on the material? Or is it just not different enough from the earlier film version for you? Let us know!

Comments

• badger86

Sep 22nd 2011, 10:28

Doesn't have the wow factor of the teaser, but i still like the look of it. I understand why people get p********f about it being remade but from my point of view the original whilst certainly being a much better than average thriller was not the masterwork it was made out (by some) to be. More importantly though its the two sequels which could actually benefit from a remake, again i enjoyed them but they could use some work. Also looking forward to the DVD release of the original trilogy in its extended form, maybe they will do the job of filling in the cracks in the sequels.

• jonnykerr13

Sep 22nd 2011, 10:29

Looks like a brilliant adaption/ remake to me. In Fincher, we trust!

• anant

Sep 22nd 2011, 11:32

i didn't like it. daniel looks too young, mara immature, that irritating childish voice of hers. plus i have seen the Swedish version and loved it. mara is trying very hard to be as lisbeth, salander was lisbeth. after fight club, social network, zodiac i never thought i would say this but have a feeling that i am going to hate this film of fincher, its gonna be the curious case of benjamin button 2!!

• MikeyRix

Sep 22nd 2011, 12:37

@anant I agree with you on some points (e.g. Rapace [not Salander :)] IS Lisbeth, Daniel being wrong for Blomkvist). However I don't think this is going to be a total mess. Still going to see it for comparison's sake.

• BobbyTwoTimes

Sep 22nd 2011, 12:52

Anant - are you a little bit mental??

• anant

Sep 22nd 2011, 15:46

@mikeyrix even i am going to see it n have a feeling that they are not going be awful but i think that the salander version was quite faithful to the book and its seems quite unnecessary to remake them just yet.

• anant

Sep 22nd 2011, 15:48

@mikerix i totally forgot that her name is noomi rapace. thanks for pointing that out. but u see what i mean? i am that used to her being lisbeth, and mara looks like she is trying too hard!!

• anant

Sep 22nd 2011, 15:51

and @bobby, bobby (is that what bobbytwotimes means?)why do u think i am mental? surely not because i mentioned her as salander not rapace?

• MikeyRix

Sep 22nd 2011, 18:40

@anant I see what you mean and a few months ago I felt exactly the same. Seeing things like the two trailers has softened my opinion a little though. :)

• FBLLugus

Sep 22nd 2011, 22:10

i agree with anant and mikeyrix. rapace is salander, but rooney's a bit better than i thought she'd be. fincher's changed the dialogue, which also changes the characters. salander would not say 'oh please' sarcastically, she's more humble about her talents. and what's with the mishmiash of accents? can't actors get a swedish one down? noomi rules.

• koolerking

Sep 22nd 2011, 23:08

Hhmm, a couple of things are wrong, both with Daniel Craig. He isn't even trying a swedish/english accent and i think he's playing the role to "tough". Its not like the original character. Mara is quite good, and so is her accent, i can't believe Craig made no effort!

• NickOrd54

Sep 23rd 2011, 11:40

Could they have put any more of the movie in the trailer? If I hadn't seen the original and read the book I DEFINATELY wouldn't need to see it now.

• NickOrd54

Sep 23rd 2011, 11:40

• NickOrd54

Sep 23rd 2011, 11:40

• NickOrd54

Sep 23rd 2011, 11:40

• Mogsyt

Sep 23rd 2011, 12:09

Sorry but after Noomi Rapace, no one else can replace Lisbet Salander. She put her all into that role and became the person she was playing.

• FBAMacKenzie

Oct 4th 2011, 6:02

I dunno - I think it'll be good. Rooney Mara quite surprised me, but Noomi Rapace is classic in this role!

• FBMArellano

Oct 4th 2011, 22:51

People complaining that they have to movies out of a book. I would love to have two versions of the upcoming hunger games movie since the lead roles don't match the book descriptions of the character (the lead actress didn't even lose enough weight for the role, she had refused to lose weight in the past for other films) even after they died their hairs. For me the more girl with the dragon tatoo the better. If Japanese or Brazilian filmakers want to make their own versions I will watch them too.