David S Goyer talks Man Of Steel

Compares approach to Dark Knight trilogy

Screenwriter David S Goyer has recently been talking about his work on Man Of Steelalongside producer Christopher Nolan, and has confirmed that the pair have attempted to implement the same approach that brought them such success with the Dark Knight trilogy.

It shouldn’t be forgotten that the reboot first came about when Goyer wrote a new approach for the character and presented it to Nolan, who in turn pitched it to Warner. As a result, it has their DNA running all the way through it.

“What Christopher Nolan and I have done with Superman is try to bring the same naturalistic approach that we adopted for the Batman trilogy,” says Goyer. “We always had a naturalistic approach, we want our stories to be rooted in reality, like they could happen in the same world we live in.

“It’s not that easy with Superman,” he continues, “and actually this doesn’t necessarily mean we will make a dark movie. But working on this reboot we are thinking about what would happen if a story like this one actually happened.

“How would people react to this? What impact would the presence of Superman in the real world have? What I really like to do is write ‘genre’ stories without a cartoonish element. I did the same with Da Vinci’s Demons, and I’ll do the same with Man Of Steel.”

Directed by Zack Snyder and starring Henry Cavill, Russell Crowe, Amy Adams and Michael Shannon, Man Of Steel will open in the UK on 14 June 2013.

What do you hope to see from Man Of Steel? Tell us, below!

Comments

• CaptainCrazy

Oct 2nd 2012, 7:34

I am quietly very excited about this film. I hope Superman can find its way to leader of the pack again.

Oct 2nd 2012, 9:09

Hard to be naturalistic about an indestructible alien, who people don't recognize when he puts on glasses. But I'm still looking forward to this, hopefully Snyder's approach will be more Dawn of the Dead and less Sucker Punch.

Oct 2nd 2012, 9:11

Oct 2nd 2012, 9:12

Oct 2nd 2012, 9:35

Nothing we don't already know. I've seen a the Man Of Steel Comic Con footage and it looked really promising.

• SiMan

Oct 2nd 2012, 13:06

When are we going to get a full trailer? That comic con footage was ages ago

Oct 2nd 2012, 16:35

Google Chrome fuq'd as usual!