Edgar Wright names his top 20 films of 2013

Love for Gravity, Spring Breakers and Iron Man 3

Edgar Wright has joined in the end-of-year list-making fun by revealing his top 20 films of 2013, and listing them on his blog.

While notingthe caveat that there are still some key releases he has yet to watch, the director has selected his pick of the year, with the likes of Gravity, Iron Man 3 and Captain Phillips all making the cut.

Take a look at the full list below…

Gravity

The Bling Ring

Captain Phillips

Enough Said

Nebraska

Pacific Rim

Ain’t Them Bodies Saints

Wright is currently hard at work on Ant-Man, which is scheduled to hit US screens on 31 July 2015, with a UK date to be confirmed.

And if you want more Wright-y goodness, just watch our exclusive videos with the director, wherein he picks his favourite movies you've (probably) never seen, and much more.

What do you think of Wright's list? Tell us, below!

Comments

Jan 2nd 2014, 12:57

Pretty solid list. I am gonna say Edgar put IM3 in there to appease his boss at Marvel, so I forgive him.

• apo1978

Jan 2nd 2014, 13:33

Yeah, not a bad list - but I thought Spring Breakers was awful. James Franco's monologue was the only good bit in it.

Jan 2nd 2014, 13:46

Selena Gomez in a bikini......Spring breakers gets a thumbs up from me.

• Jardoss

Jan 2nd 2014, 14:27

Pretty much identical to my top 20 last year, haha

• LSJShez

Jan 2nd 2014, 15:33

I'm not all Tarantino, Tarantino, Tarantino, but at least his yearly list sometimes helps you find a gem or two. This list is so boring, even if the films on it aren't. He must have been checking up on the star ratings too. I don't think there's many on there under 4 stars, in the magazines.

• PoultryGeist

Jan 2nd 2014, 18:01

Love Edgar Wright, but this list doesn't speak to me at all. Iron Man 3, Spring Breakers and Pacific Rim were dismal. Pacific Rim had it's moments, but what cannot be excused was the acting, which was horrendous. I don't even have a top ten this year. My top five in no particular order: Man of Steel, The World's End, Monsters University, Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa, The Great Gatsby. I haven't watched Captain Philips yet but look forward to do so. I hate that it's somewhat cool for people to shun Man of Steel but somehow end up with Iron Man 3 on their list. At least Man of Steel tried to be different, even if people thought it was too extreme and senseless with it's CGI and far too serious. It's a very memorable film for me unlike the Iron Man franchise which is just crowd-appeasing trash, >opening>serious moment>comic relief moment>hero wins>no originality>end. Man of Steel did this sure, but differently, unlike every Iron Man sequel which is just the same.

• jacobfinlay