Emma Watson to star in Beauty And The Beast

Guillermo del Toro directing

Just last summer, Guillermo del Toro was talking about who he’d love to cast in his live-action version of Beauty And The Beast.

Now it seems he’s got his wish, as Harry Potter actress Emma Watson is in final negotiations to play the eponymous beauty.

The project, just one of del Toro’s many ongoing projects, is coming together nicely with Bridget Jones’s Diary writer Andrew Davies penning the script. Davies will be working from a treatment by del Toro.

For the time being, the Mexican mogul is busy directing PG-13 monster movie Pacific Rim, so we won’t get to see his interpretation of the classic tale – memorably brought to life in the ‘90s by Disney – for a while yet.

Watson seems like perfect casting, though. Apart from bringing the requisite beauty, she’s no stranger to magical yarns.

And after roles in My Week With Marilyn, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower and Your Voice In My Head, Watson’s clearly not wanting for post-Potter roles. We can't wait to see what a team up with del Toro will bring.

Excited at the prospect of del Toro returning to fairytales? Speak to us...

Comments

• alexr

Feb 14th 2012, 8:08

So, Emma Watson and TheKingofDalidab...? Sounds like a comedy of errors to me...

Feb 14th 2012, 10:31

Another graduate of the Knightley-Aterton school of acting : "Don't bother with performing, just phone in some posh".

• YorksProp

Feb 14th 2012, 11:12

@alexr why even mention Dalidab? That is the immature bullying that bothers me mroe than his rants on these sites. Granted I don't agree with anything he says, but for christ's sake it's like some on here feel the need to wind him up for there own amusement, grow up!

• alexr

Feb 14th 2012, 11:27

@YorksProp It was a joke, which I thought he would find funny. Making a lighthearted joke about someone is not bullying - people do it to me all the time at work and at home. I'm not trying to wind him up or start a fight, just make him smile for a change. You must have missed my jokey Dalidab-style rant a few weeks ago, which he himself found amusing. So if he has a problem with my comment above, let him respond and I'll apologise if he is offended. Until then, please, back the f**k off. Alternatively, if it makes YOU feel better, then regardless of his response, I'll blow him a kiss, say "sayonara" and f**k off back to the Empire boards. I can do without the hassle from people who miss the bus...

• alexr

Feb 14th 2012, 12:04

@TheKingofDalidab Cheers for the backing. @YorksProp Happy Valentine's Day xx

• Indianabones

Feb 14th 2012, 15:08

Awwwwww. I like Watson, Arterton and Knightley.............not sure it has anything to do with their Acting skills though............. still could watch them all day :)

• BOSSK

Feb 14th 2012, 19:15

But who will play the Beauty?

• Indianabones

Feb 14th 2012, 21:28

I think Linsday Lohan would make an excellent Beast!

• writerdave87

Feb 14th 2012, 22:08

Sorry, I wasn't aware detesting someone for being a threatening, aggressive, paedophile who keeps telling me how much he wants me dead counted as 'immature bullying'. Colour me immature if you want, but having seen some of the sickening s**t Dalidab's come out with in the past, it will always be my opinion that curb-stomping is too good for that freak.

• FBJRider

Feb 14th 2012, 23:09

Well she suits the name to a tee and who better to direct than one of the best directors of our generation?

• writerdave87

Feb 15th 2012, 0:23

Lesbian Beauty and the Beast? I'd buy that for a dollar... Agreed FBJ I like the pairing.

• writerdave87

Feb 15th 2012, 1:32

I was taking the p**s out of your car crash idea of a lesbian beauty and the beast with Lyndsey Lohan actually. I have no such fantasies myself but considering you've confessed to having fantasies about underage boys on this forum I'd say you haven't got a leg to stand on, Mr Potato Head.

• YorksProp

Feb 16th 2012, 8:54

@alexr I apologise, I thought it was just another case Dalidab-baiting. Yes he has deplorable thoughts the likes of which should never be uttered however I've seen on here people purposely just trying to get a rise out of him so assumed you were going for the same.

• alexr

Feb 16th 2012, 12:04

@YorksProp No worries. I understand your point.

• StevePotter

Feb 17th 2012, 2:25

@BOSSK- As much as I want to hate you for making that joke... I can't! Bravo, sir.

• writerdave87

Feb 18th 2012, 19:19

Go back in your cupboard Dalidab and be quiet, there's a good troll.