Badass new Wolverine trailer lands online: watch now

Plus, two new character posters revealed

The Wolverine has launched another new trailer online, revealing more of our hero’s action-packed jaunt to Japan.

Having become romantically involved with the daughter of a powerful Yakuza crime family, Wolvie is soon up to his claws in sword-swinging carnage, with fellow mutant The Silver Samurai proving himself a formidable opponent.

The new trailer opens with Wolvie flash-backing to memories of Jean Grey (Famke Janssen), before segueing into the Japan-set, Yakuza-driven storyline, with no shortage of badass samurai action. Not least when the ginormous Silver Samurai steps up to the plate...

Take a look, below:

Meanwhile, a pair of new character posters have also emerged, featuring femme fatales Yukio and Viper, neither of whom look like ladies to be trifled with. Both posters continue the silhouetted aesthetic of the previous one-sheets, with Viper’s forked tongue a particularly nice detail (as glimpsed in the trailer).

Directed by James Mangold and co-starring Hugh Jackman, Will Yun Lee and Svetlana Khodchenkova, The Wolverine will open in the UK on 26 July 2013.

What do you think of the new trailer? Tell us, below!

Comments

• irishbrian

May 21st 2013, 13:43

Probably The Best Trailer Of The Year !! ( So Far..... )

• marvelboy

May 21st 2013, 13:58

still unsure about how Viper fits this film and how she will be portrayed. but Silver Samurai looks cool. either way as long as either of them don't turn out to be a British actor it will beat iron man three (for me any way)

May 21st 2013, 16:29

Can't wait.

• daskoyne

May 21st 2013, 17:37

Oh CGI, how I despise thee

• smellyhands

May 21st 2013, 20:29

I dont see what Aubrey is saying. Please tell me what she's saying. Pleeeease. Anyway this trailer was average. Which is an improvement from the previous film.

May 21st 2013, 22:27

Looks alright.. then again so did the 2009 Wolverine:Origins..

• BobTheSkull

May 21st 2013, 23:13

@endofdays..... I do believe I just snorted my coffee there... damn you! That has got to be the singular most disappointing movie moment of 2013 for me so far.

• BobTheSkull

May 21st 2013, 23:17

Also, did I hear a Transformers type sound during the main stand off with Silver Samurai just there? God I hope not....

• SiMan

May 22nd 2013, 12:54

Aren't those posters going to confuse the general public who don't know much about these characters? The one with Logan and his claws on - yeah, i can see people knowing what that is. But the above, could be for anything

• Desperation

May 22nd 2013, 22:03

@SiMan. It doesn't really matter that the posters aren't for established characters. I don't know who the posters are meant to represent, and won't know until i see the film. But that doesn't matter to me as they still look super cool.