Exclusive trailer for independent UK horror The Addicted

First footage from gruesome thriller

We’ve got the exclusive trailer for independent UK horror The Addicted.

Director Sean J Vincent will be doing the rounds at the oh-so-imminent Cannes Film Festival, so it feels like a good time to take a look at some footage.

As you might have inferred from the title, the film take place at a drug rehab unit: a now defunct facility known as 'The Manor'. Following reports of shady paranormal goings-on taking place there, an aspiring TV journalist heads there with a film crew.

It’s not long before a masked psycho starts administering pain to the unwelcome inmates, who clearly haven’t learnt anything from horror movies past.

Check out the trailer below:

For more info on the film, head to TheAddictedMovieUK.com.

Will you be following this year’s Cannes Film Festival? Let us know!

Comments

• ChrisWootton

May 14th 2012, 15:16

50 quid says that's one of the worst films of all time

• mrmistere

May 14th 2012, 15:42

Coming from you, i'll take that as an indicator of the opposite then. Can't wait. Better start saving mate.

• ChrisWootton

May 14th 2012, 16:01

Go for it.. you'll find it in the bargain bin at Blockbusters.. (if they are still going) :)

• RaveyDaveyGravy

May 14th 2012, 16:16

got straight to DVD written all over it

• joehodrien

May 14th 2012, 19:12

Sit through an advert to watch a trailer? No thanks.

• thedanieljson

May 14th 2012, 20:37

Yup this looks embarrassingly bad. Their trick seems to be 'people getting dragged away into the darkness' which has been done so many times it's no longer effective. And somehow, without them talking or even being shown in one shot for longer than 3 seconds, the acting of the two leads looks apalling.

• mrmistere

May 14th 2012, 21:12

thedanieljson .... please tell me what on earth gives you that idea? It makes me sick how negative the people on this site are. This is British film made by passionate people who have worked hard to represent the UK in the indie film scene. The actors and actresses are professionals with excellent CVs and did a fantastic job. People like you are responsible for this country not having much support for independent film. I truly hope you are excellent at whatever you do for a living, but i have a sneaking suspicion you are just a t**t. Report me if you like, but you know it's true. What have you contributed to the world? Oh yeah....nothing. Grow a pair.

• cookie7991

May 14th 2012, 21:40

Ever seen 'grave encounters' ? that was a good low budget film to watch at about 1am but this looks like a rip off that. A rip off of a low budget hmmmmm. howvever when seeing the full film it could be good. it has potential

• Rambo

May 14th 2012, 21:50

@mrmistere; yeah there is a lot of great indie british films with great directing great plots great acting, no ones suggesting that british cinema is poor, but i really wouldn't like something like this representing our british filmmaking, its so generic and doesn't have any real frights in the trailer, looks like a parody because they're re-using all of the shortcuts, looks boring, tedious and for some reason you're finding it already under-rated...

• Jeffbiscuits

May 14th 2012, 22:02

I think someone wants to marry the film.

• mrmistere

May 14th 2012, 22:48

No real frights? This is a non-age restricted site...nothing that isn't PG13 can be shown... Generic? It's a Genre film...it's horror...that's the point. Re-using shortcuts? Like what? You've seen a tiny section of the film... it's one of several trailers. Why give it all away now? Boring and Tedious? From a 2min trailer? Really? s**t... i might employ you to make trailers... you obviously know your subject. It's sad really... another high flyer clearly with too much time on his/her hands... I really hope you big up the films you like the look of don't just slate the ones you don't... that really would be typical of faceless web critics... but you're not one of those are you? ;-)

• smellyhands

May 14th 2012, 22:51

I love how "mrmistere" can call "thedanieljson" a "t**t" and claim he hasn't contributed to the world. And to tell him to grow a pair is just mean. The lad just gave an opinion on a trailer. A valid opinion to boot as the trailer was terrible. If this trailer is any indication of what the film will be like I think "ChrisWootton", "RaveyDaveyGravy" and "Rambo" are spot on with their guesses. It just looks generically bad. I love supporting Independent cinema from any country. But I dont support poor film making no matter where it gets its financing.

• Rambo

May 14th 2012, 22:53

haha keyboard warrior we all love one of those, you're not one of those are you? ;-) well would stay and chat but i've got a media exam tomorrow but good luck spreading the good word of this film it looks like most of the comments fully support you :-)

• Twixter4

May 14th 2012, 23:20

Dear God. Not another baseless argument. Who moderates these boards? They do seem particularly juvenile. mrmister is obviously passionate about this film and good on him for that. It looks interesting to me and i don't see why anyone would critique it based on a short clip. It doesn't look in the least bit terrible. I hope Cannes goes well for them.

• thedanieljson

May 14th 2012, 23:27

Woooaahhh that response seemed hardly necessary @mrmistere... I gave an honest opinion of a trailer. Which is exactly what this forum is designed for. What right do you have to consider me a t**t or that I contribute nothing to world exactly? Besides, were you to look at the clip for Ben Wheatley's new film, you'd see that I loved Kill List, which is an independent, British horror film. You appear to have generalised my entire film taste to one reaction of mine to a single trailer, a reaction that was entirely warranted, as this film appears to show no originality or intellegence, two things that I believe are crucial to horror. Oh and hey, I'm an 18 year old, on the verge of possibly getting a piece of writing of mine published. So I suppose, you are right, I haven't QUITE contributed anything to this world yet. But please, do your research next time you feel like making such dramatic statements in a foolish tirade against a stranger. Good day to you sir. (and I think this counts as growing a pair)

• thedanieljson

May 14th 2012, 23:47

Got carried away, sorry about that. Ahem.

• FBSHarrigan

May 15th 2012, 1:54

This looks like it could recapture the atmosphere of good slasher movies from the 1980s. If they focus on tension and atmosphere instead of a high body count, I see excellent potential here. The trailer itself is pretty awful, but the idea looks pretty good. The killer mask is actually pretty upsetting too. It would be good to keep in mind that one of the best horror movies ever, in my opinion, had a really poor trailer. http://www.videodetective.com/movies/the-amityville-horror/5415

• RaveyDaveyGravy

May 15th 2012, 8:42

Whats the point of a trailer? To give an overview of a film? A taster? Trailers are put out by marketing executives to show a film in its best light, so we can all see it and make a judgement. We all have and on the whole it's received a bad reaction. This is because a) the film is rubbish and nothing can make i look good or b) The trailer editors are rubbish. Admit it, who hasn't been fooled into thinking a film looked ace from a trailer? I have. I thought Battleship look fun! As TRAILERS go this does the film no good. Ill reserve judgement for the film when I either see it (on DVD ;D) or the reviews I trust tell me more. But good luck to any independent film maker. It must be the hardest of processes getting your project made, never mind distributed.

May 15th 2012, 9:27

I think everyones being a tad unfair. Remember this was produced on a meagre budget, its hardly going to be shot at Pinewood Studios. Fairplay to them for getting it out there, most low budget films don't get beyond financial planning.

• ChrisWootton

May 17th 2012, 9:42

Appreciate your passion for the film Mr Mistere but there's no need to attack people for their opinions. If I think something looks rubbish I'll say so, or am I not allowed to voice anything but positive opinions? Sounds like you made/worked on the film and if so, good on you for getting it done and out there. Plenty of people make a load of s**te, Uwe Boll has made a career out of it so you're in good company.