Summer is officially over across the pond as the Labor Day weekend represents the last gasps of sunny blockbuster season.
The Final Destination stuck around for a second week at the top of the charts, earning $12.3 million for a current total of $47.4 million. Looks like it won't be that final…
Inglourious Basterds also held on well, managing $11.6 million in its third weekend, enough to put it ahead of Sandra Bullock's new rom com All About Steve, which made $11.2 million.
The latest from the Crank directors - Gamer - launched in fourth place with $9.1 million, while District 9 nabbed $7.1 million for fifth.
The only other main new entry was Mike Judge's new pic, Extract, which grabbed $4.4 million, albeit in far fewer cinemas.
The top 10, then…
- The Final Destination ($12.3 million)
- Inglourious Basterds ($11.6 million)
- All About Steve ($11.2 million)
- Gamer ($9.1 million)
- District 9 ($7.1 million)
- Halloween II ($5.7 million)
- Julie & Julia ($5.3 million)
- G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra ($5.1 million)
- Extract ($4.4 million)
- The Time Traveller's Wife ($4.3 million)
[Data Source: Box Office Mojo]