First footage of Brad Pitt in World War Z: watch now

Zombies… lots of zombies

The first footage of Brad Pitt in World War Z has emerged online, with Entertainment Tonight previewing a few snippets in advance of a more detailed “first look” scheduled for broadcast in the coming weeks.

And while there’s only about 30 seconds or so to go on, what we can conclude already is that World War Z is going to be epic, and its zombie horde a force to be reckoned with.

This is no posse-sized gathering of shamblers menacing a luckless shopping mall. This is a full-on army of brain-hungry zombies, whose antics have soon laid America (and indeed the world) to waste.

Check it out, below…

Adapted from the novel by Max Brooks, the film will follow Pitt’s UN employee Gerry Lane, who finds himself in a race against time to find a cure for the zombie pandemic, before society rips itself to pieces for good.

Directed by Marc Forster and co-starring Anthony Mackie, Matthew Fox and Mireille Enos, World War Z will open in the UK on 21 June 2013.

What do you think of the first footage? Tell us, below!

Comments

• seepeejay

Nov 6th 2012, 10:37

Looks good, it'll be interesting to see how its adapted. In my head it was going to be more like a documentary with found footage and talking heads etc.

• fredriklybeck

Nov 6th 2012, 10:53

Im reading the book right now and my reaction is "WHAT?" It might be good but it will have nothing at all what so ever to do with the book by the looks of it!!!

• paddyg11

Nov 6th 2012, 11:31

Looks like s**te. I just despair that it seems that we've got A.N Other zombie film using the name of World War Z. I am not one to bang on about source material, and keeping true to books and the like, I understand that films are different and all but I just... Why this isn't a 6 part, faux-historical-documentary on HBO or AMC I will never know. The fact that there was a bidding war and we've ended up with what I am tentatively hoping will be maybe one or two steps better than I Am Legend is just rrrrubbish.

• paddyg11

Nov 6th 2012, 11:32

ALSO. Then i'll shut up. I like Marc Forster a lot but the man can just not direct action. Bless 'im.

• CaptainCrazy

Nov 6th 2012, 12:37

Looks exciting - the scope looks huge and a budget most zombie films can only dream of. However, all the behind-the-scenes problems raise a few alarm bells...

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Nov 6th 2012, 13:14

Hmmm. Interesting to see this. I have been convincing myself for months that this is going to be awful. Trampling over one of my favourite books with a Hollywood sized boot and all that. Buuuut, I like the look of this first set of shots. It looks massive, there are hundreds of tumbling bodies, chaos reigns!! Its still got a long way to go to convince me about some things. For example, Im always going to prefer walking, rotting corpses rather than sprinting ones, and the book was a set of interviews AFTER the war, not a 'race against time to stop it'. Buuuut, tentatively, I like the look of this. I just need to keep telling myself, the book is the book, the film will be the film and the 2 only share a title. Open mind and all that.

• robotjox

Nov 6th 2012, 14:31

What was that? Nothing like the book. Is Brad Pitt gonna singlehandedly cure all the zombies now? Its a shame that one of the best examples of zombie fiction is going to get mauled by Hollywood. Its also worrying to see teaser footage of a film still be reshot.

• mattrix33

Nov 6th 2012, 16:27

It was always a unfilmable book....word on the net is that it follows Brad Pitts character around the world to locations of the book and it is his story. As told as if he had been interveiwed for the book. It has the big set pieces of the book including the battle of Yonkers and the army retreats.

Nov 6th 2012, 16:37

The zombies look like a cgi fest.

• guybrush2304

Nov 6th 2012, 19:13

Looks to have the stench of 'I am Legend'.I always thought it may have trouble with the success of 'The Walking Dead' TV Series. The book itself is impossible to make,too much happening to fit in two hours.

• FBJRider

Nov 7th 2012, 0:48

Do think she could have said 'Thursday' a few more times? I don't think she got the point across.

• ilikescifi

Nov 7th 2012, 2:25

what the hell is those tumbling waves of zombies they're like swarms of spiders

• hawleygriffin

Nov 7th 2012, 21:13

Come on hollywood , CGI Zombies ? Its sad when a tv show ( the brilliant , Walking Dead) pulls off better Zombies than a movie that has many times bigger budget. If thats a few seconds i might wait till it appears on doovdo rather than wasting my time going to the talkies to see this visual drek .