First image of Tom Cruise in Rock Of Ages

Live to rock...

The first image of Tom Cruise in Rock Of Ages has surfaced on the official Tom Cruise blog.

Set in 1980s Hollywood, when Hair Metal and Glam Rock were at a peak, the film adaptation of the musical Rock Of Agessees Cruise plays rock star Stacee Jaxx.

The film also stars Alec Baldwin, Russell Brand and Julianne Hough.

For weeks there have been backstage and behind-the-scenes photos of Rock Of Ages emerging on Twitter, posted by cast members and director Adam Shankman.

This photo of Cruise, shirtless, long-haired, tattooed and clearly rocking out for all he's worth, is the first official image released from the movie.

Impressed by this first shot of Cruise? Are you feeling inspired to rock out? Talk to us below!

Comments

• jonnykerr13

Jun 20th 2011, 18:33

Yeah. This guy can't spell 'awful', plus he/she essentially marked 'Tenacious D in The Pick Of Destiny' as era defining. Next, Paul W.S. Anderson is voted greatest sci fi director on the planet, and Steven Spielberg 'wins' record for most Razzie awards ever... Rock of Ages looks good. Not a big fan of musicals, but really want to see this.

• writerdave87

Jun 20th 2011, 19:06

Dalidab if that was one of your teen idols half naked with long hair in the same pose, you'd be saying this looked like the best film ever. Cruise has proved he can do comedy, the cast is stellar. I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy it but we shall see.

• writerdave87

Jun 20th 2011, 20:56

Oh good christ.

• gonzoBen

Jun 20th 2011, 21:18

@dalidab1982 Download a Google you mad sod!

• jonesr9

Jun 20th 2011, 21:22

I second writerdave87. Oh good christ. And I can't believe I read all that. That was hard work!

• waxonwaxoff14

Jun 20th 2011, 21:58

Well maybe if we gave you a seconds thought we would be p********f.

• Phumpy

Jun 20th 2011, 22:23

Some people just aren't worth the effort. Unfortunately i've contradicted myself here by putting the effort in to write this, but i'd like to think i got my message across.

• Aberskene

Jun 20th 2011, 22:44

the fact that he/she would go to such lengths to prove someone wrong over the most mediocre of points is staggeringly pathetic. Stop trying so hard to sound like some aficionado by copying pasting the Tom Cruise IMDB list and adding your inane opinion on the 'Cruise Control' and other s**te patter!! You come across as a bit of a tw@t! And if you have Aspergers or something like that. then I apologise, except for the tw@t part that is.

• writerdave87

Jun 21st 2011, 0:54

Dalidab, I was going to read that list but instead I decided to go on living my life.

• BruceShark

Jun 21st 2011, 2:14

Wow. Just wow. If I had any free time on my hands I'd read that, but sadly I'm to busy counting the sweetcorn in my s**t.

• writerdave87

Jun 21st 2011, 2:55

Dalidab, all I said was 'Cruise has proved he can do comedy'. You didn't need to go regurgitate his entire career in that pile of wannabe drivel. Go back to ogling barely legal teenagers.

• DanRose

Jun 21st 2011, 10:27

What the hell is BoyBand: Breakin' Through in '82????

• writerdave87

Jun 21st 2011, 10:37

I was wondering myself but was scared I'd get another of Dalidab's 'reviews'...

• trist808

Jun 21st 2011, 11:14

Dalidab, whatever drugs you are taking, you need to up the dose and just shhhhhh On a different note, and I always find it amusing how people can completely ridicule a film or get uber-excited just going by one picture, I think it's interesting how an 80's set film has landed one of the biggest stars who shined back in that decade. The irony is not lost on me ... I'm intrigued as to how this will turn out, as Cruise hasn't done a musical before (not to my knowledge anyway, I would read Dalidab's mammoth post but I have other plans this summer), this could be something very special. A good strong cast and story, this might surprise, we'll see.

• writerdave87

Jun 21st 2011, 11:34

Those are pretty pathetic reasons to hate a man, want him to have acid thrown in his face, and to punch him. I wasn't sure you could make yourself look worse on this comment thread Dalidab but well done, you've earned yourself 'right c*nt' status.

• writerdave87

Jun 21st 2011, 11:38

Oh and FYI the ex special forces advisor on Collateral who helped Cruise with the role said that thanks to his preparation for his roles, Cruise is actually hard as coffin nails- crack shot, martial arts and hand to hand combat. Bearing in mind you're an out of shape amateur thespian and even more amateur film critic I'm not sure punching him in the face will end well for you- but if you do ever get the opportunity and have the balls to follow through, please tape it for posterity.

• writerdave87

Jun 21st 2011, 12:24

How does preparing for a role make you more of a w**ker? And how is saying you want to punch Tom Cruise in the face and see him get acid thrown in his face being soft and kind in your soul? Stop being a ridiculous little hypocrite- and if you don't want people knowing what you look like, don't keep flashing your twitter account around.

• writerdave87

Jun 21st 2011, 14:09

Him becoming a good shot and being in shape and learning to fight is part of his preparation. He's not some scientologist assassin (I don't think). Yes, you have the right to say whatever you like, but don't preach peace and love while at the same time being a hateful little t**t.

• DuffyUK

Jun 21st 2011, 15:13

Ive been on the Total Film site countless times and love the reviews and all that but it is always a great moment to see Dalidab put his foot right in his mouth and watch everyone verbally destroy him for being a completely ignorant waste of space. Ive finally signed up just to share this. Cheers for the good laughs everyone :)

• DuffyUK

Jun 21st 2011, 15:13

Jun 21st 2011, 17:48

31 comments what in the blue hell. Oh of course, only dalidab could garner that reaction :D

• writerdave87

Jun 21st 2011, 19:16

Only you would take being called an ignorant waste of space as a compliment.

• DanRose

Jun 22nd 2011, 0:55

Dalidab1982... No it can't be... I didn't realise it was you. The famous thespian from West Yorkshire who starred in such incredible disability hate crime drama projects such as 'Stop! That's My Wheelchair', 'I've got Tourettes, I Swear' and who could forget 'Schizophrenia - together I can beat it.'... the next Sean Bean they say... they sing songs of your performances down south

• mingfilm

Jun 22nd 2011, 15:24

And another thi -- aw, forget it

• murphy

Jun 22nd 2011, 16:25

Schizophrenia - together I can beat it.'.. fookin brilliant!

• murphy

Jun 22nd 2011, 16:32

dalidab-the troll king!

• ScottFree

Jun 22nd 2011, 17:50

please shoot me.....

• writerdave87

Jun 22nd 2011, 20:10

Dalidab's not a troll, he really is that irritating. Delusions of Grandeur.

• DuffyUK

Jun 24th 2011, 14:04

What writerdave87 said :) Unfortunately I dont think theres anyway of getting rid Dali... Maybe just try the small annyoning child technique and ignore him until he goes away lol.