First image of Tom Hardy as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises

First look at Batman's foe

The first image of Tom Hardy as Bane in The Dark Knight Rises has landed online... and it's seriously exciting stuff.

The movie's official site has been gradually revealing the image, but some sneaky so-and-so on the Arkham City message board has found the whole image.

Unsurprisingly, it's absolutely awesome.

Hardy doesn't even need to look at the camera to exude toxic levels of menace, and it looks like Nolan and co have admirably risen to the task of making the Venom-enhanced super-soldier work within the series' reality-based aesthetic.

It looks like that time Hardy's been putting in at the gym has been well spent too...

We literally couldn't be more excited for The Dark Knight Rises, which is due to hit cinemas on 20 July 2012.

Impressed by Bane's look? Will Rises be the best film ever? Unleash your excitement below!

Comments

• writerdave87

May 20th 2011, 16:44

f**k. Yes.

• tieranosaur

May 20th 2011, 16:48

I've had a thing for Tom Hardy since Star Trek Nemesis and I love seeing a movie and then finding out he's one of the background characters that wasn't billed. He's fantastic and it's about time he gets some major roles :)

May 20th 2011, 17:11

Looks like an S&M fantasy from Dalidab's mind.

• nacho316

May 20th 2011, 18:32

Bronson wearing a gimp mask ;) like it can't wait ;) only 13 months to go!!!

• SarahWroe

May 20th 2011, 20:41

This reminds me of when we first saw Heath as the Joker...., but for me this is nowhere near as exciting as that was....

• elgar7

May 20th 2011, 20:59

And so the incredible begins... mohahahahaha :D

• Mattsimus

May 20th 2011, 21:07

YIPEEEEEE, To be fair I was excited when I saw heath as the joker n I still think he was incredible and always will!!! HOWEVER it was prob cos most people are familiar with the Joker and less so of Bane HOWEVER there is no denying this pic is effortlessly cool, and im def looking forward to this movie which is quite clearly gonna blow all other competition out the water next year, ya know I think I may even,.....wait....oh no.......not again.....eeerrr aaahhhh uummmm aaaaaahhhhh JJJJJIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.........Im done! X

• jamiehalus

May 20th 2011, 22:20

The small white mark to the left, if you look at it and tilt ur head slightly to the left, its clearly a cats eye :-) This pic is awesome, Hardy looks pumped and the mask looks f***hard. Effortlessly cool. Can. Not. Wait.

• ScottFree

May 20th 2011, 23:43

Bring it! Ubercool!

• Jess87

May 21st 2011, 12:12

squee!!

• Gav83

May 22nd 2011, 22:18

Saw Hardy on Jonathan Ross one night and thought he was as dry as a week old s**te. Still, he's a top actor and that viral photo is badass,

• CarmyQueen

May 23rd 2011, 20:24

Hiya! First time on here so be gentle fellas!!!! It could be the fact that I have a huge crush on Tom Hardy and he is half naked here or it could be my love for Christopher Nolan but WOW! This looks cool! Cant wait! be nice to see a frontal shot though soon! Nevermind the film, I am waiting for a trailer! xx

• ClockworkOwen17

May 24th 2011, 20:53

Want to thank the many Batfans who decoded the little chant released on the website, Hardy looks brilliant as the new Bane! I am counting down the days.

• willow138

May 26th 2011, 14:45

now i keep staring at the white dot. still cant see a cats eye though

• craigy111

Jun 6th 2011, 1:27

Just goes to show you, Chris Nolan was born to make Batman movies. Hardy looks badass awsome and I can't wait to see the movie next year its going to be LEGENDARY.