First look at Scarlett Johansson in Iron Man 2

See new shots of ScarJo as Black Widow and more...

New pics of the three key Iron Man 2 players have sneaked online, courtesy of Entertainment Weekly.

The mag features a cover shot of Robert Downey Jr. - reprising his role as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Mickey Rourke as villain Whiplash and Scarlett as Tony's new assistant Natasha (alter-ego Black Widow).

There's also a separate pic of Scarlett as Black Widow, crouching down and looking coiled and ready to strike. Is she squaring up to attack Mickey Rourke? Crawling under some invisible security-system laser things? We couldn't say...

Inside, the leads chat about the Jon Favreau-directed May 2010 superhero sequel.

"There are a lot more invisible eyes on us now," says RDJ, referring to how the movie isn't an underdog this time round. "People are going to be more critical. There's no way to win, except to win big!"

Rourke is characteristically frank: "I told Favreau I didn't want to just play him as a one-dimensional prick. He let me have a cockatoo, who I talk to and get drunk with while I'm making my suit."

Gwyneth Paltrow, Tony's original assistant now promoted to CEO of Stark Industries, talks about the perceived rivalry between her character and Scarlett's Natasha/Black Widow.

"The men want it to be like, 'Oooh, the girls are fighting over Tony! But it's not as standard as that. There's a weird male catfight fantasy..."

RDJ does confess that the sequel has been sexed up, though... "We're horny. Not, like, can't-bring-your-kids horny. Just... horny."

Source: EW.com

Comments

• PadmanForever

Jul 16th 2009, 17:19

As much as I find Scarlett stunningly beautiful and love that soft womanlyness she has to her body, does anybody else think that might be a bit of an unbelievable body type for a super heroine? Shouldn't they have cast somebody a bit more toned up (though, admittedly, that wouldn't be as sexy for me)?I mean she doesn't look like she spends half as much time in the gym as her seemingly-playing-every-superhero from now own husband. Ah well, regardless, she looks lovely as always and we'll just have to wait to see her in action.

• Desperation

Jul 16th 2009, 17:33

I'm looking forward to seeing Johansson in a body suit, natch. HOwever i don't really like that new Iron Man suit.

• eeyore1059

Jul 16th 2009, 23:19

Scarlett will look great, every bit as curvy as the comic book character. Rourke is the inspired casting. I've always found him to bring something original to a movie, even if the film itself was a total bore.

• koolerking

Jul 17th 2009, 5:20

I think padmanforever is getting a bit to excited!

• PadmanForever

Jul 17th 2009, 11:50

Hahaha. Just trying to make the point without anybody saying "what's wrong with you? Scarlett's beautiful!" - I know she is, I'm just not sure she could beat anybody in a fight, haha. No bad thing most of the time, but playing a heroine? Though, that said, I don't know much about Black Widow's fighting style.

• murren

Jul 17th 2009, 16:39

youre all missing the point Tony has brown hair!! FANBOY OUTRAGE!

• MadMatt

Jul 17th 2009, 17:15

Murren, that's probably just the flat lighting for the magazine covershoot... I'm sure he'll look the same as he did in the first movie. ;)

• stigtaylor

Jul 18th 2009, 21:51

Is it only me or is Scarlett just not as hot with that gingery brown hair (Auburn I think?. Anyways, I can't wait to see this bad boy!