First official Guardians of the Galaxy image revealed

Meet the intergalactic team

(Click on the above for a bigger, higher-res version)

Well here's a rather brilliant surprise to kickstart 2014.

Disney have revealed the first official image from Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy.

The whole main cast is on show, giving us our first proper glimpse at (from left to right) Zoe Saldana's green-skinned bad-ass Gamora, Chris Pratt's Star-Lord, Rocket Raccoon (as voiced by Bradley Cooper), Dave Bautista's muscled powerhouse Drax the Destroyer, and finally Groot (as voiced by Vin Diesel).

Guardians of the Galaxy is in UK cinemas from 1 August 2014.

Like the look of the team? Let us know below!

Comments

Jan 1st 2014, 14:11

I can't wait to see Rocket Rac**n in action.

• Mattsimus

Jan 1st 2014, 14:41

Cant wait to hear Vin say "I am groot" and "I am Groot" and errr....... haha high hopes for this one following an average IM3 and Thor 2, Cap 2 is also looking like a strong entry.

• moviemind91

Jan 1st 2014, 18:32

I'm a huge fan of the GOTG comic-books, so I am very excited about seeing this. In response to one of the earlier comments, I think IM3 is one of the best Marvel films ever. There, I said it.

• Mattsimus

Jan 1st 2014, 21:07

Lol totally!........ IM3 was average at best, Thor 2 only worked in certain scenes (whenever Thor /Loki were together sharing brotherly banter) the rest was weak and def wasn't even a patch on the first Thor, by end of Thor 2 who cared less about Jane? Heimdell? Asgard? Odin? Even the reaction from Thor and Odin regarding frigga (wink wink) was poor, don't even get me started on editing and soundtrack or the mixed up sci fi (I don't know what kind of Fillm I want to be scenes) it's taken me weeks of mixed emotions trying to realistically work out how I felt about Thor and I really wanted it to be good!....... I'm just not prepared to lie to myself about it, it just wasn't good!...... Ok guys see you all next time, I'm off to therapy now x

Jan 1st 2014, 21:30

IMO Thor 2 was awesome, I loved the humor and action. Sure the villain was weak but honestly could anyone top Loki? You all know my views on IM3 but I've decide to give it a 2nd chance now that it's on Sky.

• Mattsimus

Jan 1st 2014, 22:09

I don't need to give a movie that made $1.2m dollars at the worldwide box office a second chance, the fact that Thor 2 was mildly humorous indicated they tried to replicate what they did with Avengers and make it funny, the most repeated compliment regarding Thor 2 was its humour, they realised the viewers weren't expecting that much humour in avengers then thought oh wait let's do this again in Thor so we'll cart joss over here to go over my mistakes, because I'm lost in my own movie, then I'm gonna add more scenes with Loki because he's our ace card and the funniest of characters (in the absence if stark) and yay we got ourselves a less than average sequel! I'm a big fan of Thor but dark world was pants...... Don't even get me started on the weakest mid credits scene to date either! No not because it was obscure and most ppl with outside knowledge of guardians will get it but because it was poorly shot and had even comic/ movie buffs questioning it! Benicio del toro also did nothing for the collector! Thor 2 was a write off!

Jan 2nd 2014, 1:09

Matt - I don't entirely agree about copying The Avengers with the humor, the first Thor had the exact same tone and humor, they just increased it for the sequel. The GOTG credits sting was definitely out there, I liked it but I can understand why you and others might of been thrown off by it.

• chibik

Jan 2nd 2014, 6:50

I don't know which I'm more excited for, this or Captain America 2! (And for the record, Iron Man 3 is awesome.)

• tomjbeasley

Jan 2nd 2014, 10:34

Seems like they've replaced Chris Pratt with Ed Sheeran.

• vincevega

Jan 2nd 2014, 11:13

I didn't like Iron Man 3 but I loved Thor 2, thought it was amazing... but maybe it's because I saw it in the Lounge and had a bottle of wine lol

• apo1978

Jan 2nd 2014, 13:46

Don't know much about GOTG, but this looks like a stretch too far for me. The aliens in the Avengers were just about acceptable, but this looks a bit too silly. I'll reserve judgement, but will be interesting to see how this fits in with the tone and universe of the other Marvel films.

• chibik

Jan 3rd 2014, 7:02

@apo1978: That's one of the things that's got me psyched for GoTG – how silly can they go while balancing a sense of realism? Which of the two will win in the end? Either way, it's gonna be one hell of a movie!