First official image from Die Hard 5

John McClane and son tool up for A Good Day To Die Hard

Die Hard 5 (or, A Good Day To Die Hard, if we must) has revealed a first official still via Entertainment Weekly.

It’s hardly surprising that the father and son get-togethers of John McClane (Bruce Willis) and John (AKA Jack) McClane Jr feature plenty of heavy weaponry.

Jai Courtney plays the gun-toting cop’s offspring, and he at least looks the part. With his cropped hair and stocky build, it’s clear action-man antics run in the family.

Little is known about the plot, except for the fact that the pair find themselves in Russia, which will mark the first time in the series that McClane’s travelled outside of the US.

Courtney is probably best known for his role in TV’s Spartacus, but will next be seen in Jack Reacher.

A Good Day To Die Hard will open in the UK on 14 February 2013 (the ideal date movie!)

Up for Die Hard 5? Or do you wish the franchise would rest in peace? Tell us, below…

Comments

• nacho316

Oct 3rd 2012, 14:45

This franchise should have died hard with die hard 4!

Oct 3rd 2012, 16:16

Seeing how the director was Len Wiseman, it pretty much did. The title sucks, they should stop p*ssing about and call it Die Hard 5

• ChrisWootton

Oct 3rd 2012, 16:27

I actually quite liked Die Hard 4, it gets stoopid at the end but I preferred it to number 2 (teehee). I'll definitely be catching this one.. even if it (probably) sucks

• ANPCooper

Oct 3rd 2012, 17:10

I agree with ChrisWootton that 4 was better than 2, but I've had turds more exciting then 2, 4 was a nice swan-song for the series with its age references and such but this just seems silly - why would an American cop end up in Russia armed to the teeth? All that said, I'll still be trying to convince the wife this is suitable valentines fare next year!

• trist808

Oct 3rd 2012, 17:14

A Good Day To Die Hard is the American title, the fourth one was called To Live And Die in La or something, but over here we got Die Hard 4.0 (which kinda made sense with the storyline and theme of the film), hopefully FOX will just call it Die Hard 5 in the UK. Like @ChrisWootton, I quite enjoyed the last one and I am looking forward to this in Feb :)

• thedanieljson

Oct 4th 2012, 0:17

In my peeerrsonal opinion of the series quality, best to worst, it goes: 1 2 4 3. I HATE the 3rd. Snore. What do people have against the 2nd?! Maybe I should re-assess. As for this, I'll give it a short, Bruce has still got it.

• thedanieljson

Oct 4th 2012, 0:17

Give it a short? Give it a shot, is what I meant.

Oct 4th 2012, 3:47

Ugh yeah enough is enough let it die.

Oct 4th 2012, 8:13

At least with the third one he was allowed to say his own catchphrase! The fourth one was a limp, child-friendly, bloodless and tame. The villain wasn't evil enough, just a slightly disgruntled hacker, Mclane wasn't put through ringer, there was no tension or sense that he was out of his depth and the appeal of him being a blue collar everyman in the wrong place was thrown out when he fought the jet fighter and became another generic action god, instead of the working class game-changer he originally was. I will still watch it because its (sort of) Die Hard!

• ChrisWootton

Oct 4th 2012, 11:38

I really liked the 3rd one as well. The problem I have with the second one is that it did the age old thing of overplaying everything people liked with the first one, to the point where it just became annoying.. bit like the lethal weapon sequels.