First pictures of Andrew Garfield as Peter Parker in Spider-Man

Stealing a kiss from Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy

Peter Parker Andrew Garfield Spider-Man

Andrew Garfield had a fine 2010, what with a career making appearance in The Social Network, being cast as Spider-Man and recieving rave reviews for the upcoming Never Let Me Go.

On top of all that, we crowned Garfield 'Hottest Actor' at our 2010 Hotlist Awards.

Now it seems his 2011 has kicked-off in style, as Sony have released the first pictures of Garfield as Peter Parker, filming a kiss scene with Emma Stone's Gwen Stacy.

The pictures were taken during filming yesterday, January 4, at a stadium in Los Angeles.

Still no sign of the iconic suit, but hopefully it won't be long now...

andrew garfield emma stone peter parker spider-man

andrew garfield emma stone peter parker spider-man

andrew garfield emma stone peter parker spider-man

andrew garfield emma stone peter parker spider-man

andrew garfield emma stone peter parker spider-man

Is your Spider-sense tingling? Did Garfield nick those gloves from the set of Never Let Me Go? Let us know below!

Comments

• apo1978

Jan 5th 2011, 13:21

I hate everything about this project.

• motamared

Jan 5th 2011, 13:28

me too i hate everything about this project and i will not watch this,i really very sad and i miss Tobey and Kirsten

• willow138

Jan 5th 2011, 14:32

Emma looks better as a red head.

• photoflash

Jan 5th 2011, 14:46

No NO No No NO NO.......this is a bad idea! Don't worry the REAL fans will the the Studio how they feel! Lose the glove look like a p***y!!

• mcghater

Jan 5th 2011, 17:06

is it just me or does he look a bit "special needs" in the second pic

• nacho316

Jan 5th 2011, 17:38

PMSL GHater the whole film reeks special needs f**k sony c**k suckers f**k all wrong with Rami's spiderman flicks!!!!

• nacho316

Jan 5th 2011, 18:08

@dilidab1982 the c********r remarek was aimed at sony, but a suppose garfield is a c********r too thanks for pointing that out lol ;)

• AlonseR

Jan 5th 2011, 18:53

@nacho316 - There was nothing wrong with Raimi's SpiderMan films apart from the diabolically terrible SpiderMan 3. I've never left the cinema early but it was having very strong will power that allowed me to stay. On another note, is Andrew Garfield sitting on a cushion?! Is he that much of a prima donna that he needs a stunt cushion so he doesn't hurt his precious move star bum? Actors these days pfft. I for one will still watch the film but complain about it to make myself feel a bit better about paying money to see a film that will inevitably bore me. Just like Avatar.

• Gruffalo

Jan 5th 2011, 19:37

Didn't realise Andy Murray was involved in the project.

Jan 5th 2011, 19:55

His expression in the 1st picture basically says : "I do this for a living, what do you do?"

• Monkeynuts30

Jan 5th 2011, 20:17

Amen to all that's been said brothers! The sooner Marvel Studios buys back the rights to Spidey and every other character originally pimped out (I'm looking at you X-Men), the sooner we'll get to see decent reboots that stay true to the material

• kondomuser

Jan 6th 2011, 4:06

Dragonball Z hating from me :D it's going to suck a*s

• HowYouLike6Legs

Jan 6th 2011, 10:48

Listen to all you bitter geeks, you see a few photos and start crying. Get over Toby and Kristen - who you all probably started saying were sh"t anyway. Comments like saying he looks special needs, prima donna Andy Murray and c********r is ridiculous. Fact is Sony were looking for a new Spiderman and chose him - he is a big fan and you are slating him for trying to do his best!?!? You cant change what happened with Sony buying it, get over it and deal with it - its just a film. Absolutely ridiculous. And his "I do this for a living, what do you do?" expression - Golden Globe nominated, superhero acting, probably the most up and coming actor around - Yeah he might be giving that expression - good on him. Think of all that while you play Warcraft on your own tonight 'nacho316'.

Jan 6th 2011, 17:19

I have nothing against any of the actors, I just dont see the point of a reboot. The series wasn't desperately in need of one unlike Batman and Robin or Die another day (Madonna theme, Invisible car, Madonna acting, bad CGI surfing (wtf?) Garfield was great in Boy A , but he is too old to be convincing as a gawky teenager, I dont know...wait and see I guess...

• hood65

Jan 7th 2011, 17:36

Some of you really need to grow up, at leas them a chance start with the childish geeky rants. Its only a film get over yourselves.

• Dalekbuster523

Jan 8th 2011, 15:10

When is Hollywood ever going to learn reboots are wrong?They just make both the original and the latest feel fake and unrealistic.

• leeseaton

Jan 8th 2011, 18:52

Reboot are wrong? Batman Begins, anyone? Good actors is the only thing we really know. Hold onto the bile, people. It might just be a good film.....

• MeanMachine

Jan 9th 2011, 23:19

Can't say I'm looking forward to this movie. Does anyone know why the original cast are not doing it? I find it crazy that they done the first 3 and not this one!

• wasmccabe

Feb 10th 2011, 9:58

Hey, each to their own, but I can't wait to see this film. As much as I truly enjoyed Raimi's trilogy, I never liked Tobey Maguire or Kirsten Dunst (both extremely wooden), and it took me a while to trust James Franco again after his rather OTT performance. I love Sam Raimi, but we all agree Spiderman 3 was an abortion. And while I think he may have redeemed himself with number 4, I'll never quite forgive him for basketballing a character as awesome as Venom straight into the trash. Now we have a new director with not much experience in this kind of field, but after (500) Days of Summer, I'm very very willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone are both excellent actors and very easy on the eye. Some awesome supporting cast (Rhys Ifans, Martin Sheen anyone?), and a couple kickass, curveball villains! As I said... Can't wait for this film!