First poster and new trailer arrive for A Good Day To Die Hard

Yippie Ki-Yay Mother Russia

A Good Day To Die Hard has released a first official poster online, and pleasingly, it’s devoted rather a lot of space to a big old pun.

The new one-sheet shows a close-up of Bruce Willis’ grizzled old face accompanied by the words, “Yippie Ki-Yay Mother Russia”. Yep, that’s some good punning.

There's also a new trailer to chow down on. Take a look, below...

As you might have guessed from that aforementioned tagline, the new movie will find John McClane way out East, where his estranged son (Jai Courtney) has managed to get himself in deep with some Russian bad guys.

Cue much father-son bickering about the best way to fire a machine gun as the McClane boys set about raising hell in a foreign land. Something to bond over, isn’t it?

Directed by John Moore and co-starring Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Cole Hauser and Amaury Nolasco, A Good Day To Die Hard will open in the UK on 14 February 2013. Mmm, romantic…

What do you think of the new poster? Tell us, below!

Comments

• apo1978

Oct 26th 2012, 11:14

Awful poster. What's Pierreluigi Collina gotta do with Die Hard anyway?

• FBALeal

Oct 26th 2012, 11:22

Sorry. But I tried to hate this sequel. I really tried. However, I failed. I am excited for this movie. Yes it is Die Hard 5. Yes, it will never be as good as the first two (or three in my opinion). But I loved. LOVED, seeing John McClane kick a*s on the screen. I want to see this movie!

Oct 26th 2012, 11:58

It looks like same as the last one, in a diifferent setting. The appeal of the first one was that he was a blue collar cop out of his depth, outnumbered and outgunned. The recent installments, have him being another one-man-army sometimes with sidekick. I will still watch this because Mclane is a bad a$$.

• FBALeal

Oct 26th 2012, 17:44

I do think this one will be a lot of fun, more so than Live Free or Die Hard which really was rubbish. I do wish they'd connect this one to the original classic though. Even Die Hard With A Vengeance had a strong to connection to Die Hard, obviously.

Oct 26th 2012, 20:24

Where the hell does Bruce Willis and Sam Jackson get the energy ?

• Desperation

Oct 26th 2012, 20:55

Absolutely terrible poster. But the film looks aweseome.

• writerdave87

Oct 27th 2012, 1:08

This does look one hell of a lot better than Die Hard 4.