First poster for Guardians Of The Galaxy lands online

It's a veritable alien pose-off...

As if the first teaser trailer and the batch of character teasers wasn't enough, Marvel's Guardians Of The Galaxy publicity campaign continues today with the film's first official poster.

Featuring all five of the Guardians, it's just a little bit gorgeous, giving us a proper look at the anti-heroes in their burgundy space outfits.

Check out the poster below...

[Click the poster for a high-res version]

Guardians Of The Galaxy opens in the UK on 1 August 2014.

What do you think of the poster? Tell us below...

Comments

• trist808

Feb 21st 2014, 11:25

That is so frickin' cool ... I am totally sold on this, can...not...wait... :)

• marvelboy

Feb 21st 2014, 12:17

I think I need to change my Boxers ....

• apo1978

Feb 21st 2014, 13:43

Ohh please, calm down you lot FFS. Yes, it looks a lot of fun. I guess Marvelboy is 12 years old.

Feb 21st 2014, 14:04

I need to change my kilt......

Feb 21st 2014, 14:09

I also need to change my top as the poster made my nipples lactate....

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Feb 21st 2014, 15:05

Is this CG? I cant be arsed to look it up myself.

• trist808

Feb 21st 2014, 15:08

Oh well @apo1978, excuse us all to Hell for showing a little bit of enthusiasm on a Film website about an upcoming film. You must be so lonely and miserable in your little basement feeling the need to put others down just because you don't share their views. If you've got nothing positive to say, shaddup! No one likes you anyway

• apo1978

Feb 21st 2014, 15:20

Hahaha, being zinged by someone on the internet, whatever next! I have no quarrels with anyone being excited over a film (I am regularly too, would you believe?!) It was just the immature connotation to having an erection over a poster that irked me. I'd accept it if the poster was at least "b***r material" but one with 2 dudes, a tree and a racc**n? Each to their own! ;-)

• pdanyluk

Feb 21st 2014, 15:52

I'm still hooked on a feeling and high on believing.

• marvelboy

Feb 21st 2014, 16:24

@Apo1978 - it's called a joke, yeah I'm pump about this film but not that pumped to get excited over Rocket and co. maybe if I was 12 again then Rocket might have been enough to set me off but Alas my teenage years are long gone, so long gone that I don't care what people think. However the poster is one of the best Marvel Posters in a while I mean why couldn't avengers look this cool, instead we had that poor photoshop taken from the actually film

• apo1978

Feb 21st 2014, 16:48

Fair do's marvelboy, no hard feelings I hope! But, yes, the film looks great fun. The poster is merely ok though I reckon, could've been a lot worse...

• anant

Feb 21st 2014, 17:11

not trying to make a harsh statement here, but i too cant understand the hysteria over this.yes this looks good bit of fun, yes the trailer was nice, but best superhero film ever?better than avengers?no, dont think so, dont know yet.at least the trailer wasnt anything extraordinary! it seems like a good superhero movie!

Feb 21st 2014, 17:37

Frankly GOTG is my most anticipated movie on the horizon from that genre, even more than Ultron and the MOS 2 Clusterfu...only DOTFP comes close. It just looks so fresh, original and entertaining. I have a feeling GOTG is going to be as good as Serenity and JJ's Star Trek movies.

• irishbrian

Feb 21st 2014, 17:44

Looks like a load o s**t to me. its a crying shame hollwood has to resort to pumping multiple millions of dollars into these types of films, im sick of seeing nothing but so called "comic book" hero`s clogging up the cinema listings from april to september, its all getting a bit dull, try something new hollywood.

• CaptainCrazy

Feb 21st 2014, 20:04

I'm just here for the ladies.

• jamieruthven

Feb 23rd 2014, 18:40

Well... at least it keeps in line with the Winter Soldier poster... or Captain Klein as it has now been dubbed at my work. Yup... they all seem to be posing as if they were in their breeks, or at the very least a L'oreal advert. Will probably end up seeing the film... but the cast and the fact Marvel has taken a serious dip in form since switching to Disney is extremely off putting.

Feb 23rd 2014, 23:05

Jamie - Dip in form ? Even though I hated IM3 it was widely successful both critically and financially. Thor 2 wasn't adored as much as IM3 by the critics but it did great at the box office and fans loved it. The Avengers did ridiculous business at the box office and is considered by a lot of people to be the best comic book movie of all time. In all honesty Marvel have yet to really produce a dud.

Feb 24th 2014, 1:31

I think 'adored' is a bit generous, you only have to read the reviews on IMDB to get a general reaction (clue: lukewarm). Whilst most agree its an improvement on IM2 (no great feat considering the medicore and overlong IM2), criticism was still levelled at the under-used Iron Patriot, IM3's lacklustre finale with the army of powersuits, saving Stark at any given moment, so he was in no real peril and the jury is still out on the treatment of The Mandarin either (great twist!) or (Sacrilige!) depending on which side of the fence you are on. Thor 2 fairs slightly better, with the lionshare of praise heaped on to Hiddleston. Man of Steel, still divides down the middle.