First teaser poster for Resident Evil: Retribution

"Evil goes global"

Following the recent release of the film’s first official trailer, Sony have consolidated their Resident Evil: Retribution publicity drive with the release of a first teaser poster.

Somehow, the studio have managed to resist cramming all their latest products into the new one-sheet (see the first twenty seconds or so of the trailer if you don’t know what we mean), in favour of sheer, unadulterated carnage.

The film’s tagline is “Evil goes global”, and that motto is borne out in the poster, which shows global landmarks such as Big Ben and Moscow’s Red Square laid to waste by the latest zombie outbreak.

Meanwhile, the ominous logo of the Umbrella Corporation looms large over proceedings, it being their deadly T-virus that has transformed the Earth into a playground for the living dead.

There’s no sign of the catsuit-clad Milla Jovovich in this one, but we’d bank on her returning in all her latex glory when the next poster arrives. Resident Evil: Retribution will open in the UK on 14 September 2012.

What do you make of the new poster? Not enough Milla for your liking? Tell all, below.

Comments

Jan 31st 2012, 10:37

It looks like they asked a work experience 14 year old schoolboy to come up with a poster and lead with that. Then again an eight year old probably wrote the script, so its apt..

• alexr

Jan 31st 2012, 10:48

I imagine the poster for Avatar 2 will look like this, only a little more green. It's like the Battle: LA poster. If I didn't know anything about the Resident Evil film franchise, I might even be excited for it. But I know better than to trust this poster...

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Jan 31st 2012, 12:45

Sweet Jesus, this looks AWFUL!!

• alexr

Jan 31st 2012, 13:04

This might even be like the Reigh of Fire poster - remember that? - which promised dragons vs helicopter gunships in a 'firefight' (see what I did there?) over the burning carcass of London. Instead, we were given a pile of s**te with (maybe) 3 dragons in it. I wonder if the scene on the poster will even feature in the film at all? Perhaps TF could run a feature (if they haven't already) on the movie posters that contain the best/worst examples of content in the movies they advertise...

• writerdave87

Jan 31st 2012, 19:50

Awful poster, awful trailer, awful director, awful series of films, average actress. Not holding my breath for this to be good.

• alexr

Feb 1st 2012, 8:59

I saw The Messenger. Nothing special in my opinion.

• QuietLife

Feb 1st 2012, 9:06

Once again: It's "do" not "doe" !!!!!!!

• writerdave87

Feb 1st 2012, 14:03

Dalidab, f**k off saying 'I haven't seen her ability'. I haven't seen her ability in those films because the ability isn't there, you patronising fat c**t. Who are you to dictate what films I've seen? She's onscreen in Kuffs for a couple of minutes maximum, and she's more wooden than my pine chest of drawers. She is average at best and owes her career to basically sleeping with a bunch of big name directors (that's not sexist, that is actual fact). IMO There are countless far better actresses than her but then again you don't think Emma Stone is a good actress so you obviously wouldn't know a good actress if she bit you in your fat backside. FYI The director of Joan of Arc quit because Luc Besson insisted on casting her in the lead role because he was married to her and the director thought she was dreadful. Another thing, you aren't agreeing with me whatsoever. I didn't say anything about the casting, but you're totally wrong seeing as Rebecca Chambers is a TEENAGER. Once again you know f**k all about Resident Evil games. Your 'who the f**k is Alice' joke wasn't even funny the first dozen times you used it last year. The character of Alice is the smallest thing wrong with the car crash of ever increasing palsied s**t that Paul WankStain Anderson has been churning out with the RE movies. Lastly, if you're going to copy titles off IMDB to appear more knowledgable, try not to copy and paste the American titles of films (best way of showing you got them off IMDB). It's a massive giveaway. We know you're an ignorant prick, you don't have to give us so much evidence.

• alexr

Feb 1st 2012, 17:25

Advantage writerdave87...

• alexr

Feb 1st 2012, 17:27

@TheKingofDalidab "Doe" is a deer. A female deer...

• Murphy0806

Feb 1st 2012, 17:44

American titles? Really Dalidab? Anyway, bad, bad poster. I knew this was going to be a stinker and it appears the people who made it do too. They didn't even put the full title of the film on it and the Resident Evil text is the smallest thing on there. I assume they are just hoping people will go see it because all they want is mindless dumb action. Putting Resident Evil Retribution on it would do more harm than good. "Hi there, how can I help?" "Two tickets for the film with all the s**t exploding on the poster please?" "Two for Resident Evil Retribution" "Oh... Scratch that I'll take two for Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked please"

• Murphy0806

Feb 1st 2012, 19:01

What the hell has your sexual orientation got to do with commenting on someone's acting ability? What a club!

• writerdave87

Feb 1st 2012, 19:57

Ok DaliDick, I'll bite. 1) I've met Juliette Lewis. She's a nice lady, she's a good actress and a kickass live music act. I talked to her for about five minutes, which I'll bet is more than you ever did you insane sack of diarohea. She ISN'T Mallory Knox, d*****s. That's a character... IE... not real? Separate fiction from reality next time, jerkoff. I didn't even mention her. 2) I don't get turned on by you in the least. You are by anyone's standards an extraordinarily ugly man, and you have the personality of a serial killer with all the charisma taken out. Seriously, what the f**k is wrong with you? Did your mother drop you, or just grab you by the ankles and swing your fat potato skull into a brick wall several times when you were a baby just in the desperate hope that she'd kill the monstrous waste of DNA she'd given birth to? Either way you are seriously deranged and quite possibly psychotic. Your sexuality has absolutely nothing to do with anything. Millions of gay people go about their lives without being attention-whoring wastes of oxygen like you. Stop waving your sexuality around like it has some relation on anything, or like it excuses your complete inability to be a basic decent human being. I don't think you should comment on anything, full stop. Not because you're gay, but because I think the humane thing to do would be to drown you in a sack. 3) The character of Rebecca Chambers has been a teenager in every game she's been involved with. Getting her to be played by an actress who's nearly forty is s**t casting, in every possible dimension. I don't care if you think you're a fan or not. 4) Paul WS Anderson makes lowbrow, teenage boy-aimed movies that are, with the exception of Event Horizon and the fairly average Death Race, absolute c**p. 'Better than all the recent s**t dramas'? Like Drive? Black Swan? King's Speech? Shall I go on? The reason the Oscars and Bafta are rewarding those other 's**t drama films' is that you're the only one f*****g stupid enough to think Anderson's films are better. If Paul WS Anderson has made the 'most highly entertaining films you've seen in ages', here's a tip. Watch some better films. There are countless ones out there, it's not difficult. If those are the most entertaining you've seen, you have no right to say you're the 'king of cinema' or anything close. Popcorn entertainment they be at a push but you have to have the brainpower of a rotting placenta to think they're the epitome of filmmaking. 5) Disgusting and disrespectful comment? Hmm let us see now. At least 8 of her films (pretty much all the ones in which she has a starring role) she got through her relationships with Paul WS Anderson and Luc Besson. Those are just the films where her man of the moment is directly involved with the film itself. Doesn't mention anything behind the scenes. You think that she would have had the same career if she hadn't had the Resident Evil films, or the Fifth Element? If you think that, you're smoking crack. 6) Do me a favour, go play in traffic. The world would be a better place with your fat head being popped under a bus.

• writerdave87

Feb 1st 2012, 21:27

Can we have that in writing? Like I said, millions of gay people manage to not be as spectacularly unpleasant, prejudiced, hypocritical knuckledraggers like yourself, but what I actually meant was that your sexuality has nothing to do with discussing films, so stop dragging it in every 30 seconds. It's absolutely pathetic, it's like me justifying what kinds of films I like based on what cheese is my favourite. If you think all those films are 's**t', you really shouldn't be on these boards. I don't really agree with the oscars myself, but your statement was still spectacularly idiotic and you really do demonstrate the fact that you can't taste the difference between s**t and french fries. I know nothing about Milla Jovovitch's personality, neither do I care. Unlike you, I don't pretend to be some actress' best friend because I follow them on f*****g Twitter. If you knew Juliette Lewis was a really nice person why the f**k were you fantasising about watching her kick my head in? Oh yes, because you're a sociopathic little turd. Get it in your head, I don't give a s**t about your personal life, your mum, your brother (who you kept telling us is some serial killer), Personally I don't think someone as prejudiced and unpleasant as you should even have any rights. If your mum had done the brick wall thing she'd have saved us all some irritation.

• Murphy0806

Feb 1st 2012, 21:58

I like roquefort

• writerdave87

Feb 1st 2012, 22:33

I'm more of a stilton man. This leads me to appreciate traditional British kitchen Sink dramas and Michael Caine.

• Murphy0806

Feb 2nd 2012, 1:19

You've opened my eyed to something writerdave. Now I know where my love for La Nouvelle Vague comes from. Much like other cheeses yet it has it's own distinct flavour that not everyone will appreciate. Sidebar... http://www.greatbritishcheesefestival.co.uk/ My favourite day of the year and it's about a 15 minute walk from my house.

• writerdave87

Feb 2nd 2012, 1:21

Don't go for the David Lynch cheese though... baaaad dreams were had.

• QuietLife

Feb 2nd 2012, 13:02

"Do's = does" "Doe = Do". Please look it up! Also, the irony continues! Dalidab's grammar is straight out of Twin Peaks... "Mares eat oats and does eat oats and little lambs eat ivy."