First teaser trailer for Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.: watch now

“It’s not just spy vs. spy any more...”

The first teaser trailer has landed online for Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. TV show, with Clark Gregg front and centre as the returning Phil Coulson.

Set after the events of The Avengers, the new series will follow the Marvel Universe’s law-enforcement agency as they set about investigating “the new, the strange and the unknown”.

And for those of you scratching your head over Coulson's involvement, having seen how his fate unfolded in The Avengers, don’t worry... all will be explained. Just not quite yet...

Take a look at the new trailer, below:

Looks exciting, no?  The new trailer comes hot on the heels of the news that ABC has picked up the rights to the show in the US, although at this stage, there’s no word on any interest from UK broadcasters.

Co-starring Brett Dalton, Iain De Caestecker and Elizabeth Henstridge, with Joss Whedon on production duties, expect an air-date to be revealed for the show in due course.

What do you think of the first trailer? Tell us, below!

Comments

• mattburgess

May 13th 2013, 8:00

Unfortunately, like Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness, methinks there's no way it can be as good as I want it to be, which leads me to believe I'll probably be disappointed. Still, I can't wait to see it and find out!

• trist808

May 13th 2013, 9:03

The good thing with a TV series, is if at first it isn't so great, it has time to grow and improve, whereas a film only has two hours to hit you with it's best shot and leave you satisfied ... something both IM3 and STID failed to do for me personally. Like you @mattburgess, I'm ever the optimist and look forward to films and TV shows, I have high hopes for AOS, I just hope they aren't dashed too quickly.

• mattburgess

May 13th 2013, 9:13

Oh Trist, if only you were a woman... It's a good point though, a tv series does have time to improve. Fingers well and truly crossed for this one. Meanwhile, we've got new Arrested Development to tide us over until Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is released!

• SiMan

May 13th 2013, 12:28

I just hope there is an absolute overkill of Marvel references each episode for us geeks to mull over. Wonder if they will try and use this to link into the other studio's Marvel properties, even just with subtle references. Hope they do.

• mattburgess

May 13th 2013, 13:05

You mean like XMen and stuff? I hope so too. The problem is, how do they include loads of people with 'special' abilities, and then justify them not turning up in the movies? Why wouldn't that person become an Avenger? They won't be able to have any major characters (or any known characters at all?) who have not yet had a movie, because then they are preventing themselves from releasing a movie based on that character. E.g. you couldn't have a newly recast Daredevil turn up, because that would stop a movie being made.

• trist808

May 13th 2013, 13:48

Potentially though the series could launch characters for the films ... Daredevil now belongs back with Marvel, as do Punisher, Ghost Rider along with many others not yet seen, such as Moon Knight ... these characters could be introduced in the SHIELD TV series and lead to appearances in films. It could even be a testing ground, when Ant-Man is cast, maybe we'll see him in the show before his film in Nov 2015?? Just a thought, another example, I've watched this trailer many times over and I have a feeling that is a certain Mr Luke Cage jumping from the building and throwing that guy around like a rag-doll (looks a lot like him and he'd use his powers in an urban setting to help people) ... he is a major player in The New Avengers comic book and could feature in an Avengers sequel at some point :-)

• mattburgess

May 13th 2013, 14:12

Of course I hope you're right, and it's something I would like to see, I just imagine the financiers will want as few famous characters as possible, just in case they want to release stand alone films later, with a major hollywood cast. Oh, the potential...

• marvelboy

May 13th 2013, 17:50

If any marvel heroes turn up I recon they will be lesser known ones, Like Jessica Drew I also like the idea of Cage and Iron First - heroes of hire spin off movie... because as everyone has said above, introducing big guns like DD, or Punisher will be difficult for a T.V to establish. I recon there will be more Marvel Villains appearing than heroes, some of the B Class Villains which are to weak for films ..?

May 13th 2013, 18:03

Hmm it looks good enough but I just have a habbit of avoiding network shows cause they always end up getting canceled. That's why I stick to cable shows like Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy etc.

• mattburgess

May 14th 2013, 15:59

Does this mean William Sadler will turn up as POTUS in Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.? That would be cool. Also some storylines could lead into film, or deal with the fallout of films. I hope they don't hugely waste the opportunity for cross-pollination - as far as I know it's never been done before. It would be cool.

• DravenCage

May 14th 2013, 22:44

@trist808 - I don't know if it's Luke Cage in the trailer (looks a bit too small), but the guy does look like J. August Richards and if it is, then he was rumoured to be taking over the role of Blade, so there's a chance the character jumping from the building is The Daywalker.

• DravenCage

May 14th 2013, 22:48

OK, having watched the longer trailer, it is definitely J. August Richards, but the character does appear to be Luke Cage.