First trailer for Jack Reacher: watch now

"He only cares about what's right"

Jack Reacher has released a first official trailer online, and it features Tom Cruise in what looks to be his coolest role in many a long year.

Opening on a terrified-looking man in a hospital bed, the trailer informs us that Jack Reacher (Cruise) is a, "kind of cop", but doesn't care about proof or the law, only what's right. Not a man to be trifled with, then.

It's a synopsis that Cruise himself backs up, stating plainly that, "I'm not a hero… and if you're smart, that scares you," before beating seven shades out a gang of thugs. Look out, total badass alert!

Take a look at the new trailer below…

Adapted from the Lee Child novel One Shot, Jack Reacher sees a mysterious sniper picking off  a number of innocent citizens. When a suspect is brought in for questioning, his answers are restricted to a single note: "Get Jack Reacher!" And so, our hero is drafted in to see what he can find out…

Written and directed by Chris McQuarrie and co-starring Rosamund Pike, Robert Duvall, David Oyelowo and Werner Herzog (yes, really), Jack Reacher will open in the UK on 28 December 2012. Colour us officially excited!

What did you think of the new trailer? Tell us, below!

Comments

• blove99

Jul 3rd 2012, 17:55

Trailer gave me the cheesebag chills.

• TwoBobRuss

Jul 3rd 2012, 20:01

I am now starting to think it was a good decision. I am a Reacher Creature through and through. But wow!

Jul 3rd 2012, 20:01

Looks alright.

• MattMorris

Jul 3rd 2012, 20:05

Absolute s**t. Has hit all the wrong notes compared with the book. Might make Napoleon Cruise a few quid but will never become the franchise Paramount want with such an inappropriate actor in the role.

• MoodyMonkey

Jul 3rd 2012, 20:48

I've only read a lttle of 'The Killing Floor' so ignore this if you want but i am...impressed. The Cruiser continues to deliver! And this is coming from someone who hates roughly 50% of his performances...

• ChrisWootton

Jul 4th 2012, 8:31

Bit of a cop out using a mission-impossible-like soundtrack.. they've turned this around pretty quick haven't they? But I guess that's one of the advantages of having Tom Cruise. Doovde movie for me.

• EddieFelson

Jul 4th 2012, 8:34

Looks ok, I just think it's strange that for someone who can act so well churns out so much c**p inbetween?

Jul 4th 2012, 16:10

Tom loves those big fat studio paychecks that pay for all his bikes.

• damonbedgood

Jul 4th 2012, 17:57

Lee Child sold out plain and simple. Jack Reacher is 6ft 5 and 250lbs but according to Lee Child that's just a metaphor. Funny that it turned out to be a metaphor after Tom Cruise was hired.

• gquinn81

Jul 4th 2012, 18:33

Looks all wrong to me. Five guys surrounding him and they're all bigger than him. Reacher is bigger than pretty much everyone he comes across, that's part of what makes him such a bad-a*s. I hope I'm wrong, but this could be a worse adaptation than Sahara.

• lukeworm100

Jul 4th 2012, 20:59

It looks like the Dwayne Johnson film Faster, it looks good maybe a tad predictable or generic but it could work. I will probably watch it in the cinema but we will have to see how the upcoming trailers make it look.

• EddieFelson

Jul 5th 2012, 11:06

@gquinn81 doesn’t matter if there all bigger than him? obviously just matters that they got the casting completely wrong

• gquinn81

Jul 5th 2012, 11:42

@Eddie Felson. Yeah agreed. But his size is part of why it's such a horribe casting. Cruise can do action quite well, but he's not intimidating; something Reacher definitely is. Guess it's all irrelevant, Cruise is Reacher in this film, like it or not. Just have to see how it turns out but I'm not holding out much hope at the moment.

• EddieFelson

Jul 6th 2012, 15:32

I tell you what I'm just so glad I haven’t read any Reacher books! if I had I would be very p********f with the casting! (Film will be ok to watch but not for Reacher fans)