First trailer for Skyfall: watch now

The name's Bond…

Skyfall has released a first official trailer online, in which Daniel Craig's Bond appears more grizzled, non-nonsense and generally badass than ever before.

The new teaser is fairly light on plot details, settling instead for recreating the mixture of grit and glamour that made Casino Royale such an energising kick-start to the franchise.

Dealings with the plot itself are restricted to a single question and answer session between Bond and an MI6 psychologist. Giving glib, one-word answers to trigger-words like "agent" and "gun", 007 is stopped in his tracks by the mention of the word "Skyfall".

Take a look at the new teaser, below…

It's difficult to know whether Bond and M are on the same page in this first trailer. At first, it seems as though she and Ralph Fiennes look satisfied by Bond's hesitation, although when he eventually snaps, "done", the reaction is unclear. Is Bond done with Skyfall, or simply done with the questions?

Elsewhere, there's plenty of action to savour, as a silhouetted Javier Bardem strolls away from a blazing mansion, and Bond prepares an unseen partner for some unpleasant business ahead. "Some men are coming to kill us," he explains, "we're going to kill them first."

Skyfall opens in the UK on 26 October 2012. Ready the Martinis...

And if you fancy catching up on your 007 movies before Skyfall hits, there's a big Bond 50 Blu-ray boxset available to pre-order.

What do you think of the first trailer? Tell us, below...

Comments

• ChrisWootton

May 21st 2012, 9:10

Not really setting my world on fire with that to be honest, as in it's quite a boring teaser.. doesn't matter though as I'm sure it will be a good film.

• EddieFelson

May 21st 2012, 9:11

Looks good, seems we like to enjoy Mr Bond in a bit of trouble and that seems the case here. Can’t wait to see some more of Bardem, such a fantastic actor and the perfect Bond villain after two forgettable attempts.

May 21st 2012, 9:16

I suspect Mendes has gone a bit Nolan and decided to give the Bond universe a 'practical' feel, that doesn't skimp on the action. Jason Issacs would make a terrific villain.

• dkjm74

May 21st 2012, 9:42

I thought the word 'Done' was delivered in more of a - 'Consider it DONE' way - it sounded like a trigger code.

• MillerCrosses

May 21st 2012, 11:35

Now I'm even more dying to see it. Damn them.

May 21st 2012, 11:40

That's what I like substance over style, I can't wait.

• bencobra

May 21st 2012, 13:43

I'm eagerly awaiting to see more of Ralph Fiennes character. I doubt they would have cast him if he is not playing a significant part in the plot. Blofeld perhaps?

• ChrisWootton

May 21st 2012, 14:24

It's Albert Finney that I'm most interested in.. WIth Sam Mende's love for Bond you'd think he would get Blofeld back, I know I would if I was calling the shots.. Finney for Blofeld I say!

• bencobra

May 21st 2012, 16:33

@ChrisWooton. To be honest I forgot Finney was in it. That would definitely be an interesting take though. Although age may be a factor. However, Blofeld has been recast in previous Bond movies.

• flickchick

May 21st 2012, 17:02

Good. Very.

• marc96

May 21st 2012, 17:10

cannot wait to see this!! although i do wish that they would bring in more agents & friends for bond, make them likeable and throughout the series of films have some getting bumped off, it worked really well in the series 24 & think it would add something to bond as lets face it theres never any doubt that he's going to survive at the end of the films

• blove99

May 21st 2012, 18:03

Get in!! Already looks more British than the previous two!! Can't wait for this!!

• geej2000

May 21st 2012, 19:05

it looks good - the trailer has the same feel as the World is Not Enough and ...... oh no

• MoodyMonkey

May 21st 2012, 21:54

I'm saying nothing...

• writerdave87

May 21st 2012, 22:51

A fat, irritating, loudmouth, prick who wasn't funny the first time and was even more hated by film fans the second time around? It's the role you were born for.

• writerdave87

May 21st 2012, 23:24

That 'teaches me' as well as a cabbage could teach me advanced particle physics.

• writerdave87

May 21st 2012, 23:43

I really liked the trailer tbh, it looks like it's got some meat to the film and it hasn't sacrificed action for a bunch of talking. I'm really hoping this could be the worthy followup to Casino Royale, as despite some great set pieces Quantum of Solace was very poor in the plot stakes.

• MoodyMonkey

May 22nd 2012, 9:08

@Dabion I really dont need to say anything do i? you need no help in looking like a t**t. LMAO IMHO :)

• MoodyMonkey

May 22nd 2012, 9:14

Oh yeah, film looks great!