Despite some awfully mixed reviews, Vince Vaughn and Reese Witherspoon’s new comedy Four Christmases won the box office weekend across the pond with $46.7 million.
The long Thanksgiving weekend boosted both the comedy and Disney ‘toon Bolt, which actually made more money in its second week to nab second place with $26.5 million. Twilight, meanwhile, dropped 62% to make $26.3 million in third, though its overall tally is still healthy at $119 million.
Quantum Of Solace remains strong, though dropped to fourth with $19.5 million. Australia couldn’t quite win over audiences in its launch weekend of $148 million, but managed $20 million across the five-day period.
Finally, the other new wide release, Transporter 3, stiffed in seventh place and $12.3 million over the weekend, yet still notched up $18.5 million. The full charts are below.
- Four Christmases ($46.7 million)
- Bolt ($26.5 million)
- Twilight ($26.3 million)
- Quantum Of Solace ($19.5 million)
- Australia ($14.8 million)
- Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa ($14.5 million)
- Transporter 3 ($12.3 million)
- Role Models ($5.2 million)
- The Boy In The Striped Pajamas ($1.7 million)
- Milk ($1.3 million)
[Source: Box Office Mojo]