Four minute "super preview" for The Amazing Spider-Man: watch now

Features an extended action sequence

The Amazing Spider-Man has released what Sony are referring to as a "super preview", a four-minute trailer featuring an extended action sequence alongside a host of material cut from the existing trailers and a few new snippets for good measure.

The highlight of the new footage has to be the bridge-set action scene, in which the Lizard sends several cars hurtling over the side of a suspension bridge, only for Spidey to save the day with a few well-aimed strands of web.

However, there's a small child trapped in one of the vehicles, and it looks as though it's about to go up in smoke. Cue a hair-raising rescue attempt from an increasingly desperate-looking Spider-Man…

Take a look at the new footage below…

It's not going to please fans wanting to go into the movie fresh, but there's plenty on show here to suggest that Marc Webb's reboot will be worthy of the franchise, with Andrew Garfield's wisecracking charm offsetting the carnage nicely.

The Amazing Spider-Man opens in the UK on 4 July 2012.

What do you think of the new footage? Share your reaction, below...

Comments

• Heisenberg

May 15th 2012, 8:00

within the first 10 seconds they call it "This summers most anticipated film".....No, just no. Butt hell that was a lot of fun, looking forward to it.

• mattymjp

May 15th 2012, 13:29

I had no interest in this film, but fair play because after seeing the trailers and this preview I definitely will. The main reason for that is Andrew Garfield, it's looking like he'll be great.

• Mia11

May 15th 2012, 14:44

Looking good, but it's not the most anticipated movie of the year. That honor is entirely the Dark Knight Rises's. Still, I'm going to watch it, sinve it looks better than I had expected.

• FBJRider

May 15th 2012, 16:41

Please no one comment saying 'thanks for ruining the film' or some idiotic comment like that unless you're trying to be a troll. You chose to press play no one forced you. Now on to the video, it's look pretty good much better than the Sam Raimi films. Looks like Webb actually read a comic book and thought 'hey look Spider-man isn't an emo who never cracks a smile or a joke.' Although sticking on the generic 'Summer's most anticipated' garbage takes away from it, according to Hollywood every film that comes out in Summer is the most anticipated film ever made. Surely it's up to individuals to decide which film they are anticipating the most. I'm anticipating this to see how it rivals the original trilogy. I'm anticipating TDKR because I want to see how much of an amazing job Nolan makes of wrapping up his trilogy, I'm anticipating Prometheus because I want to see how it links to Alien, I'm anticipating The Hobbit because LOTR is amazing.

• DravenCage

May 15th 2012, 21:19

The scene with the little boy putting on the mask was cool and sweet and a touch emotional to boot.

• CheesesBryce

May 16th 2012, 2:25

In Islam the spider is the symbol of man's sin. So, Spider-Man is The Man of Sin. That means Peter Parker must be the Anti-Christ !!

• jem0013

May 16th 2012, 16:31

hmmm.. I can't help but feel that I've seen something just like this not too long ago. Is it a re-release with added scenes?

• ChrisWootton

May 17th 2012, 10:18

I think the biggest challenge they have is the fact that the relaunch is so soon after Raimi's trilogy, hence the desperate sounding "summers most anticipated movie". Shame as it does look pretty good. I'll be going to see it as they have at least made the Spiderman scenes very exciting.

• JVS1711

May 22nd 2012, 10:36

Is that C. Thomas Howell (The Hitcher / Soul Man) playing the kid's Dad?