Fox officially making Hitman 2

Yes, they really want another one…

There have been recent rumour rumbles that Fox was planning to re-visit the world of Hitman. But now it's officially in development.

“Surely”, you say, “the first one didn’t set the box office alight on account of, er, not being that good.” Well, you’d be right on one of those (it actually made $100 million off a relatively cheap $30 million budget), but it looks like the studio wants to plug away anyhow.

Kyle Ward has been hired to pen a script that will find the main character – baldy assassin Agent 47 – at a low point in life with a quest to bring himself back up.

It’ll be based on the new Hitman 5 console title, set to hit shops next year.

Whether Timothy Olyphant will return to the lead role is anyone’s guess, but first they have to get the script and a director figured out…

[Source: Variety]

Do you want a Hitman sequel? Were you a fan of the first one? Tell us!

Comments

• AYBGerrardo

Jun 25th 2009, 14:33

s**t man, you've got to be kidding me!

• SuperDoOoD

Jun 25th 2009, 17:09

Maybe they can film original footage instead of stealing it from tv shows

• gdavies

Jun 25th 2009, 20:25

I enjoyed the first - not even realising it came from a video game at the time - I thought the direction was unique even though the plot was a bit prescriptive. Now the characters and premise have been introduced properly to non gamers like me - I would expect the second movie to surpass!

• thesundancekid

Jun 25th 2009, 22:18

• Cube1701

Jun 26th 2009, 8:54

The first one wasn't that bad. The only big problem was Timothy Olyphant. Replace him with someone who is remotely like 47 and it'll be a lot better.

• kipwinchester

Jun 26th 2009, 12:08

They should get the people who wrote the game story then it might make sence this time

• Simundo

Jul 11th 2009, 22:28

Personally I enjoyed Hitman and thought Timothy Olyphant played the role really well! I for one think continuity is important and would happily go see a sequel providing it has Olyphant in the leading role.

• Simundo