Fox pushing forward with sequel to Prometheus

Studio taps Jack Paglen to write the script

The wheels appear to be in motion over at Fox regarding a potential sequel to Prometheus, with the studio reportedly in talks with a new screenwriter to get a script up and running.

Ridley Scott has long been open about his view of the first film as the first part of a new franchise, but this is the first concrete sign that Fox is moving forward with the proposed sequel.

Variety reports that Jack Paglen has been identified by the studio as the man to take the new film forward, and is currently in discussions with Fox over penning the sequel.

Paglen recently finished work on Transcendence, Wally Pfister’s forthcoming sci-fi, and will presumably pick things up with Noomi Rapace’s character heading off to find the homeland of the Engineers.

At present, it’s expected that Rapace and Michael Fassbender would reprise their roles, although nothing is confirmed as yet. We also know that Ridley Scott will produce, although whether he returns to direct or not remains to be seen…

Are you keen on a Prometheus sequel? Tell us, below!

Comments

Jun 18th 2013, 8:47

Prometheuses? I'm starting to not like Ridley Scott,.

• trist808

Jun 18th 2013, 12:20

The proposed sequel is rumoured to be called "Paradise" ... whether that is true or not, I'm not sure if I even care anymore. If a third one is made they can call that one "Purgatory" which will sum up my feelings as I watched Prometheus ...

• chibik

Jun 18th 2013, 13:07

So much negativity...

• crystakura

Jun 18th 2013, 13:16

bring it on. I liked it, don't care what other people think.

• trist808

Jun 18th 2013, 13:52

Good for you @crystakura, I hope you enjoy the follow up, Hell, I hope I like the follow up but I was so disappointed by Prometheus, it had such potential but I was let down by it .... perhaps the sequel(s) will improve? and in retrospect Prometheus might look better in light of it/them ... there (@chibik) a little bit of positivity on my part :-)

• dangerousdave

Jun 18th 2013, 14:12

In my opinion many of the people panning Prometheus are jumping on a bandwagon rather than actually giving the movie a chance. Perhaps it grated with their expectations, but then they were warned not to expect an Alien movie. I found it very watchable and even rewatchable. Much better than that god-awful comic book drivel that is spewing out of Hollywood on a regular basis, and which people often seem to rate more highly.

• ilikescifi

Jun 18th 2013, 14:38

aaaawwwwweeeessssoooommmmeeeeeee. Time to move on. In hindsight - seeing the alien emerge at the end after that intense engineer impregnation, and her being stranded alone on an alien planet with a robot - that was far more interesting and mysterious than watching a bumbling group of 'professionals' bicker and play with space cobras. I think I loved the first and last 10 minutes of Pro-Me

Jun 18th 2013, 15:46

Ever seen the clip where Hercules says " DISAPPOINTED" well that's how I felt about Prometheus.

• sineadshahrzad

Jun 18th 2013, 16:02

I can't wait! Prometheus was amazing and thrilling, in my opinion, and I can't wait to see what else it has to offer!! :D

• anant

Jun 18th 2013, 17:11

i thought the story was necessarily stretched and the execution really bad, but surely no one can deny that it raised some interesting questions (though did not provide any kind of answers). i am really looking forward to the sequel in spite of the extremely disappointing Prometheus. i want to know answers to all kind of questions, why did engineers create humans, why do destroy them now. where did the alien (our beloved alien!) come from at the end. i hope they come up with some really interesting and complex answers about the history of mankind!

• dex2010

Jun 18th 2013, 20:19

Oh God nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

• vadertime

Jun 24th 2013, 15:17

Well, hopefully with Lindelof out of the picture, we can have a more focused story in the sequel. I really don't care if Ridley Scott directs or not as long as I get a coherent plot and story line, which is not confusing and shooting off in multiple directions. Just focus on who the "engineers" are, why did the create life on earth and why do they want to kill us. Forget the alien creature(s) at this point and just focus on the "engineers". That's all I want.