Despite reports last year that a sequel to 2009’s Friday The 13th reboot was all but dead in the water, producer Brad Fuller has revealed that a script for the film is good to go.
Last year, Fuller – who also produced horror redos of The Texas Chain Saw Massacre and A Nightmare On Elm Street – said that Friday The 13th: Part 2 was “dead - not happening”.
Now, though, he seems a little more optimistic. Hopping onto Twitter, the producer offered updates on the big screen fates of Jason Voorhees and Nightmare On Elm Street’s Freddy Krueger.
“[Damian] Shannon and [Mark] Swift wrote a great script,” he says of Friday the 13th: Part 2. “We are ready to go, when New Line is ready. But as of yet, they are not ready.”
The first Friday the 13th remake was made for $19m, and has so far reeled in $91m worldwide. Not massive business, but a decent budget-to-box-office ratio. We could yet see Jason rise again.
For Freddy, though, it seems to be the end of the road (for now). “As far as I know, there isn't even talk of writing another script,” says Fuller. He must’ve read the scathing reviews the reboot received…
Do we need any more Friday the 13th or Nightmare movies? Or is their time over? Tell us your thoughts below...