Full Godzilla trailer roars online: watch now

"You have no idea what's coming…"

The main trailer for Godzilla has landed with a massive boom, and it's packed full of exciting moments.

Our favourite bit? Probably Bryan Cranston's opening speech, which not only gives us an idea of the stakes in this thing, but the high level of performance we're going to be experiencing when Godzilla is unleashed in May. Matthew Broderick phoning it in, this is not.

Check out the full trailer below, then let us know what your favorite trailer moment is in the comments box.

Excited for Godzilla? Tell us below!

Comments

• charlieodd

Feb 25th 2014, 18:20

Looks great, but I'm not thrilled with the twist on the nuclear bomb experiments in the Pacific. Godzilla was originally, in part, an indictment of America's use of nuclear weapons on Japan. There are longstanding detrimental affects to the South Pacific island inhabitants and ecology where Americans tested nuclear weapons in the 40's, 50's and 60's. The attempt here to spin these events as positives (or at least not negative) is needless historical revisionism by Hollywood.

• YTWhitemanson

Feb 25th 2014, 18:45

they tested two nukes on population of japan and not only managed to forgive themselves, but awarded themselves heros

• CharsmatcEngma

Feb 25th 2014, 18:55

@charlie, 'Needless Historical Revisionism' is the Hollywood battlecry. Trailer looks Good though, you could almost say Goodz-illa. Boom, nailed it.

Feb 25th 2014, 21:21

The score for these two trailers give me chills. I could swear I saw glimpses of another monster there.

• MorganRoss

Feb 25th 2014, 22:29

@charlieodd, It looks like it could be a direct sequel to Honda's orignal film! It was made in 1954 and the main character 'killed' Godzilla with a nuclear device and both 1954 and nukes are mentioned in the trailer; this could be pretty damn awesome! Plus, Cranston is a legend.

Feb 25th 2014, 22:37

Someone please tell me why Cranston isn't playing Lex Luthor again?

• jonathanmock

Feb 26th 2014, 9:10

@charlieodd, I really don't see it that way. Revisionism was what Roland Emmerich did by shifting the blame onto the sneaky French and absolving Uncle Sam of any blame, but making sure they got all the credit for snuffing out the creature with a couple of missiles, I think this version appears to stick to the same themes of the 1954 original - a creature born or awakened by the bomb, the twist is that the subsequent testing by the USA was an attempt to kill it which I don't find to be revisionism at all, in fact I think Honda, Tanaka and Tsuburaya may have approved of it. The film appears to be revised in that it won't be an examination of Japan's experiences of nuclear destruction because Honda already did that, but rather playing into the post 9/11 fears which are many and varied, but still retaining Honda's original warning that mankind's follies will return to haunt them. And besides, Toho reinvented Godzilla to fit changes in Japanese culture - Gareth Edwards' film seems to be allied to the original and the 1984 sequel/reboot in returning Godzilla to an uncontrollable force of nature.

• Chufferstud

Feb 26th 2014, 10:19

@Ali1748 I'm sure I saw a moth shaped thing in the clouds and crash land in the ocean and the fact fighter planes were tumbling down implies a flying monster. The trailer is amazing and gave just enough glimpses of the Big G himself. I was disappointed by Pacific Rim, this looks a lot classier affair.

• Andy85

Feb 26th 2014, 17:51

Having heard about the Godzilla reboot I was 'meh' but after seeing that I cannot wait. The mood and tone of the film are perfect and the sheer fear in Cranstons voiceover makes me feel like they will nail this film. Cannot wait!!

• hawleygriffin

Mar 1st 2014, 21:20

what a trailer, i was getting a bit tired of remake after remake but this is a film which i feel after the last putting deserves a remake. looks like a great cast , looks well shot and a good plot as well . The trailer give me shivers up my spine which hasn't happened with a trailer for some time. really looking forwards to this . one of the earlier comments though about it being revisionism. I might be inclined to agree if it was say a michael moore shockumentary or something by al gore but the fact is this is a big hollywood blockbuster , its got cash cow written all over it . Its also about a mythical beast. Now i understand that there are cultural pointers in the same way of romeros zombies in the original night of the living dead the fact is very few people will be looking for that and even less will care , its not supposed to be taken seriously its being made by a big studio to get bums on seats to spin cash and to entertain there not interested in spinning out some socio-ethical boogyman story, think you might be looking far to much into something which just isn't there

• dougl

Apr 24th 2014, 23:26

As a small little dog once said .. "We're gonna need a bigger box (and a lot more tacos)"