Full-length trailer for The Lone Ranger: watch now

Brand new trailer for Johnny Depp’s latest Disney adventure

The Lone Ranger has released a brand new, full-length trailer online, and you can watch it right here.

The Disney adventure rolls up next summer, breathing new life into a character whose heyday was in the TV series of the ‘40s and ‘50s, after being introduced to the public conscience in a 1933 radio show.

But for film fans, it’ll be the combo of Johnny Depp, director Gore Verbinski and producer Jerry Bruckheimer (the team behind mega-franchise Pirates Of The Caribbean) that’ll provide the interest.

In this version, Armie Hammer plays the masked lawman (with Johnny Depp on sidekick duty as Native American Tonto). The Lone Ranger’s forced into action when Tom Wilkinson’s nefarious villain seeks to control the new-fangled railway that cutting a track across the untamed West.

The teaser trailer was surprisingly bereft of laughs, but this longer version looks set to redress that balance.

Watch the full-length Lone Ranger trailer below:

There's more humour and action on display here, an intro to the plot: Hammer's John Reid is left for dead, before being discovered by Depp's Tonto, so the mask becomes a survival tool, as opposed to a style statement.

We get a brief glimpse at some supporting players (Helena Bonham Carter, Tom Wilkinson, Ruth Wilson), but for now the focus is squarely on the central odd couple.

The Lone Ranger opens in the UK on 9 August 2013, after opening in the US on 3 July 2013.

Are you excited about The Lone Ranger now that you’ve seen more footage? Tell us below…

Comments

• Kellend11

Dec 11th 2012, 9:54

Johnny Depp as Johnny Depp with face paint on.

• BeeNL

Dec 11th 2012, 12:35

movie injuns not learn speak in 2012. is pity

• gonzoBen

Dec 11th 2012, 13:47

Christ.

• CaptainCrazy

Dec 11th 2012, 16:07

Actually looks like fun. Not sure about Depp playing a Native American though. I'm sure people would be offended if he put on a blackface or pull a Mickey Rooney to play an Asian person - but I'm sure people will argue that Depp is 1/8th Native American or whatever.

• RaveyDaveyGravy

Dec 11th 2012, 16:21

This looks SH1T !! Its almost bound to be over long, over edited and a bit boring, with 3 sequels of diminishing quantity and increasing length

• FBALeal

Dec 11th 2012, 17:18

Okay here we go. This is for the ladies complainging (Sorry did I say ladies? I meant pussies, my bad): it does not look like s**t (Unless you do have s**t in your eyes or are a s******d yourself), it does not look over long (You got that out of a -minute clip??),it does look over edited (But that is because it is a TRAILER), and it certainly does not look boring. Now for the non s******ds who have the comon sense of giving this movie a fair shot, I must admit, I am intrigued. I am not anticipating it with excitment, but I am curious enough to admit I might watch it. Thank-you. Good day.

• jem0013

Dec 11th 2012, 18:01

Well I guess I must have s**t in my eyes then...

Dec 11th 2012, 20:16

Johnny Depp weirdness aside this looks look like silly fun.

• loveroflostgirl

Dec 12th 2012, 17:42

Guess i've got s**t in my eyes as well because this looks terrible, just Johnny Depp assing around in a stupid custom with a even more stupid accent again..... NO SALE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!