Full The Dark Knight Rises trailer online

Catwoman! Bane! Other stuff!

The first full trailer for The Dark Knight Rises has hit the net, and it’s everything you wanted and more.

We got The Dark Knight Rises teaser trailer way back in July with Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2, but this trailer (which arrived with Sherlock Holmes: A Game Of Shadows) gives a much more substantial glimpse at what we can expect from the finished film.

Set eight years after The Dark Knight, Rises sees Batman face his (physically) toughest challenge yet: Tom Hardy’s Bane.

Batman may have spent the best part of a decade on the run from the law for crimes he didn’t commit but things aren’t all bad for the selfless vigilante, as Anne Hathaway’s leather-clad Catwoman has rocked up in Gotham.

So what are the highlights from the trailer then? Well, there's Anne Hathaway as a slinkily threatening Selina Kyle, the first listen to Bane's unsettlingly strangulated voice and a stadium-based action sequence that could have been lifted from a Roland Emmerich movie!

That’s enough from us, get watching the new trailer for yourself...

The Dark Knight Rises
opens on 20 July 2012 (as if you didn't already have that date on your calendar in permanent marker pen).

Is The Dark Knight Rises the film to beat next year? Or are you fed up with the hype? Tell us!

Comments

• Heisenberg

Dec 19th 2011, 19:50

Holy f*******ks Batman!

• joker16

Dec 19th 2011, 19:54

Looks great but I'm worried, not just about hard it is to understand Bane but idk, Hardy's voice just seems a bit corny, ya know, like a little too over the top. Maybe that's just the way it comes across in the trailer.

• Heisenberg

Dec 19th 2011, 20:01

I think his voice sounds fine, wasn't hard to understand at all, my first thought was that hardy's voice or a voiceover darth vader style

• marc96

Dec 19th 2011, 20:21

excitement and expectations have been risen to extremely high levels, not looking too good for mr wayne

• willow138

Dec 19th 2011, 20:25

f*****g EPIC soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo excited. Did anyone see the prologue yet? xx

• Walton

Dec 19th 2011, 20:43

This looked like Batman vs. Occupy Wall Street. Not exciting at all

• HummingBirdie

Dec 19th 2011, 21:10

Well fu*k, I havent been so excited in a long time !! Anyway I loved the stadium scene, is it just me or does >action sequence that could have been lifted from a Roland Emmerich movie< this sound kinda offending?

• moviemind91

Dec 19th 2011, 21:20

FilmMaster, do you REALLY think that Bane's big masterplan is to blow up a football stadium? NO WAY! That's just a warm up, Bane introducing himself to Gotham. I do agree that the publicising to this movie is waaay over the top but I doubt it's going to affect the movie as it hasn't given anything away, just little clues. Let's wait until July next year,I'm sure everyone's worries will fade.

• callumoakabywright

Dec 19th 2011, 21:26

@TheFilmMaster, you are a fool, we aren't promised the first 50 minutes before MI4, Nolan has promised that 50 minutes of the film will be filmed in Imax, The prologue is what we will get before MI4, which i'm seeing wednesday and can't wait for! The Dark Knight Prologue was shown in imax before I am Legend, and no one complained about that. Muppet. oh, and the trailer looks awesome.

• fuzzcaminski

Dec 19th 2011, 21:35

Dalidab, sorry "TheFilmMaster', where on earth did you hear that the public were 'promised' the first 50 minutes of the film before Mission Impossible 4? That's the stupidest thing I have read all day. Furthermore, Nolan and Warner's haven't released any spoilers, they've released so far, a teaser trailer, a teaser poster, (Which both explained almost nothing about the plot) a prologue (on a limited release) that introduced the character of Bane to a wider audience (Remember, not everyone reads comics like many of us do), a few official pictures (which gave away nothing we didn't already know, i.e. Selina Kyle would be in the film), then an official one sheet with a dynamic, iconic image and finally then, an official trailer, which still gives very little about the plot details, but rather a broad overview of the themes and characters that will be involved in the film. The viral marketing campaigns are exciting and draw the core audience (that's you and I) in to the world Chris Nolan and his team have created, with false documents and blueprints that add depth and a sense of realism to what is to be honest, a comic book movie, albeit one that strives for realism rather than stylised imagery. So, remembering that this is a film that begs for a degree of realism, Bane looks perfectly acceptable as a terrorist (which is what *this* definition of the character has been considered to be). He couldn't in all seriousness be wearing a leotard and a Luchador's mask (even considering his Central American heritage) as it would in no way suite the tone of the film. Finally, he isn't attempting 'world domination', he is committing acts of terrorism, acts such as...destroying a sports stadium completely filled with spectators, as (I would hazard a guess) a statement of intent towards the people of Gotham...and Batman directly.

• fuzzcaminski

Dec 19th 2011, 21:37

Schooled!

• gwales

Dec 19th 2011, 21:40

@hummingbirdie - I meant the Emmerich reference only in terms of scale. Take your point though!

• fuzzcaminski

Dec 19th 2011, 21:52

Is Dalidab high on sugar tonight? His grammar seems extra sketchy!

• fuzzcaminski

Dec 19th 2011, 22:08

Dalidab, what evidence do you have for me being A) Retarded? B) A Sex Offender and C) A Nonce? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say none! I didn't actually mention your spelling, I mentioned your grammar, and suggested you were excited from the trailer, which I know I was. Now if you WANT me to comment on your spelling I will, but please bear in mind I am a rational, level headed individual who doesn't actually wish pain and suffering on others. Now that's not to imply that YOU do, as it would be a pointless act.

• Heisenberg

Dec 19th 2011, 22:22

Reported. Again.

• Murphy0806

Dec 19th 2011, 22:28

Never learns. Oh well

• fuzzcaminski

Dec 19th 2011, 22:30

I'm sorry Dalidab, but I don't accept your apology. I know I should be the bigger man here and accept it, but that's what being an adult is about, making those tough decisions whether you want to or not. You say things which are highly offensive to society in general with little to no regard for how they affect others. I would have thought that someone who understands what it is like to be 'different' to everybody else would be a little more considerate, but over many, many months I have seen comments you have made (both unnecessary and provoked) that suggest that you would do well to bite your tongue, especially by those who fish for a reaction from you, just to see you blow up. You said things which are deeply offensive to me, considering I used to work with children, (obviously you didn't know that, but that's no excuse for making such offensive comments). Calling someone a retard is extremely offensive to anyone with a cognitive disability, and to those who live, work and help those who have mental disabilities lead a full and happy life. Calling me a sex offender, well I'm sure my sexual exploits have probably offended someone at some point so that I can live with(!) What can I say, I'm a demon in the sack(!) (I'm not)

• Heisenberg

Dec 19th 2011, 22:36

I'm not trying to scare you. I'm just letting you know you have been reported again.

• badger86

Dec 19th 2011, 22:46

@TheFilmMaster - I have a question, I'm not trying to get at you so i just honestly want some info. How do you go from thinking TDK is s**t to thinking this is going to be great? I'm sure some one asked before and you started saying TDK was over hyped. That's not a good enough answer, i agree with you it was over hyped (i prefer begins but TDK is a great great film) but practically every major studio release is hyped into oblivion with producers trying to convince us that their movie is the greatest film ever made. As a result I'm sure most of us take the hype with a pinch of salt. You can't have hated TDK JUST because it was over hyped, there has to be another reason. and why do you expect TDKR will be great? Its not as if Nolan will suddenly change the tone or look of his universe, i imagine this film will share much with the last one. Please provide an answer, i am genuinely curious because atm all i can assume is you just say it to get some sort of rise out of people.

• joker16

Dec 19th 2011, 22:59

Bane's primary target: Dalidab

Dec 19th 2011, 23:35

You play Bane? Well you're bald and f**k ugly enough to warrant wearing a mask, but that's about it. I've reported you as well, hopefully this time they get rid of your moronic, offensive worthless little fat a*s for good this time.

• MadMatt

Dec 19th 2011, 23:38

I wish I liked these films as much as everyone else seems to. I feel a bit left out.

Dec 20th 2011, 0:01

Two-face kills Maroni (via shooting his driver) and the 2 corrupt cops in TDK. In Schumachers laughable effort, Harvey Dent is a one-dimensional pantomime, who is evil for the sake of being evil, yes the same could be said for LEdgers' Joker but only because he is chaotic by nature, whereas Dent is a tragic figure and has always retained a slither of humanity.

• Indianabones

Dec 20th 2011, 0:33

Says there are 33 comments but i can only see 3!!

• drumspeak

Dec 20th 2011, 0:37

The stadium scene needs work. First time through, it struck me as too smooth, so I frame by framed it and it was way too "clean" and cartoonish. I'm sure this was put together quickly to get it done for the trailer, but it worries me.

• Indianabones

Dec 20th 2011, 0:46

ignore above and pointless comment, i see all the comments and film master has now made me want to rip my eyes out with his awful comments! oh and as i Said before, Jack Nicholson just played Jack Nicholson as the joker, while i enjoyed it, his performance was no where near as good as Heath Ledgers!

• Murphy0806

Dec 20th 2011, 0:50

I thought that too. I watched it on my PC and the effects didn't look too great. But as you implied, plenty of time to brush up before release date.

• kodiacjack

Dec 20th 2011, 2:09

@drumspeak I hope you're right, while I love Nolans films and directing, I feel he cuts corners in some weird places.. The main issue I have is that the 'explosions' look like someone overlayed stock dust charges using After Effects. There seems to be no damage to the grass on the field yet there's all this debris going up along with dirt and dust. But yeah, will probably get fixed up anyway, would rather they were given extra time to polish the FX for the trailer.

• StevePotter

Dec 20th 2011, 3:13

I'm American... What's a nonce?

• joker16

Dec 20th 2011, 4:41

@FagMaster If Bane were a raging, pathological pedophile who enjoyed the presence of a large p***s in his rectum, you'd be brilliant!

• Heisenberg

Dec 20th 2011, 8:14

@steve, nonce is a term for either a sex offender, or a more commonly a child abuser, and as in the case of dalidabs comment, as he had already used the term sex offender before saying nonce, we can only assume he called fuzz a retarded paedophilic sex offender. I genuinely don't know how to be more rude than than using just four words.

• mattburgess

Dec 20th 2011, 8:53

Why does every comments section have to be about dalidab? Can we please just ignore him and talk about films? Personally, I really enjoyed this trailer. The football field bit was so out of the blue it really took my breath away (didn't pay any specific attention to the graphics, but I don't particularly care about graphics anyway). The absolute best bit for me was the heart-wrenching speech from Alfred about having let down Bruce's parents! >lip tremble

• Heisenberg

Dec 20th 2011, 9:48

@matt, agree, you naturally assume it'll be the stadium, or part of it, that'll get blown up, but then the field and players just disappear, even that little curve ball is just fantastic.

• ChrisWootton

Dec 20th 2011, 10:50

Dalidab bashing aside.. this film is going to be excellent. Bale looks thinner and less mean and I don't think it's going to end well for him

• DanRose

Dec 20th 2011, 14:34

Can't friggin' wait. Absolute faith in Nolan, yeah the stadium explosion looks a tiny suspect but am sure it will look stunning in the Imax. Hardy will be quality, Hathaway in the tiny snippets she appears in has an air of danger about her and the rest of the cast I have no doubt will be excellent. ~Just really looking forward to seeing how Nolan concludes this? Anyone thinking Batman will die at the end? Paraplegic perhaps? Also Dalidab, there is nothing lame about blowing up an American football stadium, they get 90 thousand at their college games alone, along with the countless millions watching the tv. The Americans love it. Way to grab peoples attention.

Dec 20th 2011, 15:00

I think there's a very good chance Batman buys it tbh. Would be a great way for Nolan to finish off his trilogy.

• SiMan

Dec 20th 2011, 15:35

I don't know what it is, but this trailer doesn't give me a 'rise' (see what i did there) like the one for TDK did. Maybe its just the tone of it (structure wise, not necessarily content wise) - TDK trailer had a better rythm to it i thought and the 'beats' of the music at the end of that trailer were a little more dramatic and exciting. One thing i am glad of though is that they still haven't given away any of the plot details (why the heck is Bruce carrying a cane in one of the early shots at the mansion??) - TF, when are we gonna get a trailer breakdown feature? Oh, and @WriterDave - i have to disagree with killing off the bat. Wasn't he supposed to be 'more than just a man' - 'a man can be killed, he can be destroyed...' after all. I also doubt Warner Brothers would allow it - even if Nolan leaves, there's still potential for more movies, surely (i personally want to see how they could introduce Robin into this universe......could that have something to do with setting it 8 yrs later i wonder? Next time you watch Batman Begins, check out the kid that Rachel rescues towards the end - i swear he's wearing Robin's colours! - did anyone also note that the football player who survises the ground collapsing was called 'Ward' - homage to Burt Ward maybe?)

• ChrisWootton

Dec 20th 2011, 15:42

The Ward guy is an actual football player from the team who use the grounds as their home turf.. although I prefer the homage to Burt

• MikeyRix

Dec 20th 2011, 16:39

!!!!! :D

• Trickycustomer

Dec 20th 2011, 16:59

I hope this one delivers something new and fresh and surpasses the first two films. It needs to seeing as its the final chapter.

• watchman

Dec 20th 2011, 18:21

check out 1:32 bruce with a cane! Bane will definately break him!

Dec 20th 2011, 19:28

When Gothman is in ashes I'll give you permission to die ......OMGWTFBBQ

• StevePotter

Dec 20th 2011, 19:54

I don't really care about the graphics in the football scene either. Graphics work in service of the plot, and if the plot and drama are important enough, we can just ignore the effects. If they spend more money on casting and writing instead of the effects department, I'm fine with that.

Dec 20th 2011, 20:12

Nolan prefers to use practical effects wherever possible (see Inception), hopefully they'll touch up the CGI in that scene by release.

Dec 20th 2011, 22:13

So nothing like Nightwing at all then.

• GarthMarenghi

Dec 21st 2011, 1:31

I love the sexual tension between writerdave87 and TheFilmMaster. Their tireless flirting in every comment section on this site is very entertaining.

Dec 21st 2011, 1:51

I'd ruin him.

Dec 21st 2011, 1:56

Even though I'm trying to ignore you, I have to take the bait. Your version of Nightwing would be like remaking Harry Potter but with Ron Weasley a psychopathic emo ninja assassin working for Lord Voldemort that wants to kill Harry Potter. Yes, it's got the same name and he might look the same, but it makes no f*****g sense in the context of the original character. Anyway, you thought the Dark Knight was rubbish so why are you even here?

Dec 21st 2011, 1:57

Though I quite like the idea of a psychotic ginger ninja. Hehe.

Dec 21st 2011, 12:06

Trust me Dalidab I'm not flirting with you. I also never said there was anything wrong with ginger people. Learn to read- that way you might not throw a hissy fit over the '50 minutes' of the Dark Knight Rises you thought you were going to get.

• murphy

Dec 21st 2011, 13:04

This looks amazing,dalidab should GTF,and yeah writerdave it's "Your lose" *Facepalm*

• husky3644

Dec 21st 2011, 13:38

I have to agree with the comments made about all the spoilers, they've gone to far and given far too much away. Based on early rumours about the comic Prey being used as a baseline I have reserved hopes that all this released Bane stuff is actually just a smoke screen for Hugo Strange. For Nolan to release all these spoilers and then throw a complete curve ball into the mix with Hugo Strange being the main bad guy I think sounds more plausible than Nolan giving everything away before anyone has seen the film. In regards to the football stadium scene, I seriously hope that's an unpolished bit of footage as some of the CGI is looking a tad ropey.

Dec 21st 2011, 14:12

Dalidab I'm genuinely amazed you can breathe and type at the same time.

• SussexUK

Dec 21st 2011, 14:37

jury is out here at the moment, who is the greatest Bat villan? Joker. Is Bane the next Joker... not really. Don't think it will live up to part 2 but Nolan is a class act so its bound to be good.

• paulus

Dec 21st 2011, 18:20

A number of things spring to mind upon seeing this. Firstly, as other publications and forums have noted, 2012 is set to be the year that Tom Hardy becomes a superstar, with TDKR being the principal reason for this. I am very excited to see what he does. Secondly, I have never read the comics and therefore, cannot comment meaningfully on whether Hardy's interpretation will be a faithful one. However, thirdly, I am a fan of Christopher Nolan's "realism", and hope that he perpetuates this in TDKR (I am particularly intrigued by the Batwing, for this reason). Fourthly, Nolan's output has, in my opinion, been consistently excellent (I include Insomnia under that umbrella of excellence, and am fully aware that many commentators consider this to be his weakest picture because it is too "normal" as compared with the rest of his films). For this reason, I think TDKR will be at least very good, and has the potential to outstrip the brilliance of TDK. Fifthly, I don't think that the viral campaign has given away much, if anything. Bane is still enigmatic, we don't know why he is how he is according to Nolan's vision, and we don't know for sure why Batman has a cane. We know next to nothing about Selina Kyle, or about Commissioner Gordon's story arc, and Lucius Fox didn't even get a look-in in this trailer. Speculating is just going to make more people go and see the film, which is a good thing, and until we hear concrete nuggets from Nolan, nothing will be spoiled (Remember speculation months ago that the Riddler would be the villain? That turned out to be utterly unfounded). There were plenty of surprises in TDK that weren't even hinted at in the viral marketing, and Nolan seems to be fairly tight-lipped about most of his projects, so I, for one, won't be worrying. Finally, it's about 7 months until the release date, and therefore, the effects will be sorted out by then. Sorry for the essay, and I hope I haven't invited a barrage of abuse from those who don't agree with me :-S

Dec 22nd 2011, 0:20

Not at all, well-made points and an intelligent post Paulus, nicely put. I'd be extremely surprised if Nolan didn't have a few cats left in the bag on this one tbh.

Dec 22nd 2011, 13:00

Lmao Dalidab's been banned again.

• SixStepSamurai

Dec 22nd 2011, 14:25

What do you reckon his new alias will be? I kind of miss the freak, he makes for very entertaining reading!

• StevePotter

Dec 22nd 2011, 19:21

TKOC- Well, the fact that all your comments disappeared, thereby making everyone in the comments look like schizophrenics, was a big tip off. But the clincher is your new screen name, "The King of Cinema", which probably falls somewhere in between "dalibab" and "CrazyFilmGuy" in terms of name quality. Not that I'm one to judge screen names, Steve Potter is just a character I invented for my Video Productions class. We'll be watching your career with great interest; not for insight or anything, mainly just to make sure you don't do anything to get yourself banned. A few words to the wise: Calm down, spell check, capitalize the beginnings of each sentence, respect other people's opinions, don't try to be too insulting, and have a Merry Christmas!

• bencobra

Dec 22nd 2011, 23:48

I certainly did not enjoy the americanisation of the trailer. I certainly do not have the same sensation I experienced from watching the Dark Knight Trailer

• StevePotter

Dec 23rd 2011, 2:58

Americanisation? It's an American film, made and set in America...

Dec 28th 2011, 21:23

Ha. Dalidab respecting people. Funny.