Full trailer arrives for John Carter

“We did not cause this… but we will end it”

A full trailer has been released for Disney’s sci-fi extravaganza John Carter, and from the looks of the bone-crunching footage on show, Taylor Kitsch has become a fully paid-up action hero.

Prowling around shirtless for the duration of the teaser, his John Carter spouts hard-bitten one-liners, fights with his bare hands and even belts out a rallying battle cry or two. He’s like Gerard Butler in 300, but with better hair.

The new trailer also gives us a look at Willem Dafoe’s multi-limbed Martian, Tars Tarkas, as well as a very brief glimpse of Mark Strong’s villainous Matai Shang. You can watch it in full below…

Disney have certainly gone all out to ensure that this one looks as visually spectacular as possible, from the scorched aesthetics of the planet Barsoom (that’s Mars to you and me) to the various oddballs who make up its population.

Meanwhile, there's also an appearance from those White Apes we’ve been hearing so much about, and it looks like they’re going to serve up a tasty set piece or two…

John Carter is released in the UK on 9 March 2012.

Will you be getting your ass to Mars for this one? Let us know what you think, below.

Comments

• FBBRucinski

Dec 1st 2011, 9:27

First 30 seconds were right out of Star Wars Episode 2

• JamieTSB

Dec 1st 2011, 9:39

Hmmmm, not convinced, however what was the music?

• FBBBruder

Dec 1st 2011, 10:29

Yeah, What was the music. It's familiar though.

• charolastra22

Dec 1st 2011, 10:50

It was Kashmir by Led Zeppelin. As Dali... sorry, CrazyFilmGuy pointed out, it was also sampled for Puff P Diddy Daddy-o's Come With Me from the Godzilla soundtrack. Anyway, the film actually looks intriguing... Not completely sold yet but I imagine I will be by the time it comes around. The teaser got me interested and this piqued that a bit more.

• writerdave87

Dec 1st 2011, 10:52

Hmm, I'm kind of mixed, I still think it's going to be fairly decent but that's very star-wars-esque to me and that takes away from it a bit. Sure that music was from a P Diddy song.

• writerdave87

Dec 1st 2011, 10:55

haha yeah should have read the comments, I glossed over Dalidab's post but nice spot mate. I don't think it's Kashmir though charo, it's the same riff but there's choral stuff and arrangements that isn't in the original.

• ChrisWootton

Dec 1st 2011, 12:14

It's certainly better than the first trailer but I still have no idea what the film is about. It's like a trailer made purely for people who know the story... The Kashmir rif sounds like a new version...JamieTSB just listen to the zeppelin version... as it's the best

• JamieTSB

Dec 1st 2011, 15:23

Thanks Guys, I am very familiar with the Zep version, I was just wondering what this orchestral style piece is, and who it is by. Thanks for the help though.