General Zod steals the show in new Man Of Steel viral video: watch now

"To Kal-El, I say this..."

Man Of Steel has released a new viral video in which Michael Shannon’s villainous General Zod issues Kal-El with a rather stark warning.

The new video is a mess of static and interference, with Zod not actually appearing in person, but delivering a disembodied message of warning.

He wants Superman to surrender himself to his custody, and threatens that if he does not, the repercussions will be felt by Earth as a whole. Doesn’t sound too good, does it?

Take a look at the new teaser below:

Considering this is the first time we've had a proper sense of Shannon's performance (he has barely appeared in any of the trailers thus far), it's pleasing to see that he's going for chills-down-the-spine menacing.

Directed by Zack Snyder and co-starring Henry Cavill, Amy Adams and Russell Crowe, Man Of Steel opens in the UK on 14 June 2013.

What do you think of the new video? Tell us, below!

Comments

• marcogigantes77

Apr 15th 2013, 8:51

• chriskilmartin

Apr 15th 2013, 9:02

I think the voice ledger used in batman is more similar to shannons natural voice than shannon copying ledger. he sounds like he does in revolutionary road or at least very similar

• CaptainCrazy

Apr 15th 2013, 9:12

I cannot wait to see Shannon's protrayal of Zod and I hope it will fall into the "iconic" category. As for his voice, that is just his natural baritone so it's just your imagination.

• RAClements

Apr 15th 2013, 11:11

""MAN OF STEEL" also stars Academy Award winners LAWRENCE FISHBURNE, KEVIN COSTNER and DIANE LANE. " No it doesn't. They are in supporting roles. You see?

• TwoBobRuss

Apr 15th 2013, 14:39

Okay, Okay!! I give in. I am joining the "Bring Back Dalidab" campaign! Who'se with me??

• Andy85

Apr 15th 2013, 17:52

Phwoooorrr!! That was sexy. I love the way that Snyder is playing this so close to his chest. The trailer, if you think about it didn't really give much away about anything, only the emotional theme of coming to terms with being Superman living on a human planet. We have seen a glimpse of Zod and now this viral which again, doesn't show you anything. The tone was polite but yet menacing with an evil 'I am going f**k this planet up the first chance I get' kinda' vibe running through it. Cannot wait till this is released! This is by far my most anticipated film of 2013 and you can't even blame that on an overabundant advertising campaign because it has been pleasantly subdued...

Apr 15th 2013, 20:36

Michael Shannon never fails to impress.

• TwoBobRuss

Apr 15th 2013, 20:57

Just seen this trailer on TV. I'm fizzing at the bung!!

Apr 16th 2013, 5:05

Yeah that was pretty sweet how they played this during the break for Game of Thrones.

• ilikescifi

Apr 16th 2013, 13:21

I've seen better datamoshing in my time