Guillermo del Toro gives an update on Justice League Dark

Reveals which characters will be involved

With Guillermo del Toro hard at work bringing his Justice League Dark passion-project to life, the director has taken time at the Los Angeles Times Hero Complex Festival to give an update on his script, and its status over at Warner Bros.

The film will collect together some of DC Comics' more weird, wonderful and downright monstrous characters, providing a counterpoint to the more traditionally heroic exploits of the established Justice League.

Del Toro revealed that his film will include Constantine, The Swamp Thing, Madame Xanadu, Deadman and Zantanna as the main team, with a clutch of other characters (“everybody that doesn’t feel like a repeat”) also set to pop up.

At this stage, Warner Bros has yet to give del Toro the green light, with the director confirming that, “if they like the script, I’ll do it”. As with the status of the Justice League movie, much could depend on the box-office performance of Man Of Steel...

We’ll be keeping our fingers crossed that del Toro gets his wish and is able to bring his bunch of oddballs and misfits to the big screen. After all, it’s about time some of DC’s shadier characters got their moment in the sun...

Do del Toro's plans tickle your fancy? Tell us, below!

Comments

• SiMan

May 13th 2013, 12:24

I hope they get Keanu as Constantine, just to bring a little continuity to it (i actually like the Constantine film too).

• FBAGardhadipu

May 13th 2013, 14:08

Yes, I want to see Keanu back as Constantine, pleaseeee! I don't know with the Hellblazer comic fan, but I actually like Constantine :D

• coeyohwowgodsey

May 13th 2013, 14:28

I did enjoy Constantine but it would be much better for this film to give the role to someone else. The film wasn't very close to the comics. This film will probably be a lot closer. I want Constantine to be an Englishman and a blonde, and a whole lot more clever than the previous iteration. I'm really excited to see Del Toro's version of Swamp thing and Zantanna too. I have zero hope for the regular Justice league but this lineup is great and I'm excited to see where he goes with it. :)

• Chaffro

May 13th 2013, 14:30

Don't hold your breath on this in its current form - Wein and Wrightson, the Swamp Thing creators still retain some rights as to his use in other media and I know for a fact that they haven't heard anything about this from Warner Bros.

• marvelboy

May 13th 2013, 15:00

I agree, Constantine was pretty good, but I also agree that he needs to be recasted for this movie. My concerns is how SwampThing will work

May 13th 2013, 17:00

Bolloques to Keanu as Constantine. The Constantine movie was a joke. Shia le Beouf as a 5 yr old taxi driver? Yeah lets bring him back as well

May 13th 2013, 18:05

Yeah all this talk of bringing Keanu back is madness. I say get Charlie Hunnam so we can have a proper Constantine this time !!