Halle Berry confirmed for X-Men: Days Of Future Past

Bryan Singer re-signs another old face

Bryan Singer’s X-Men reunion project continues apace, with Halle Berry confirmed as the latest old face to sign on for X-Men: Days Of Future Past.

“Couldn't be more excited that #HalleBerry has joined the cast of #XMen #DaysofFuturePast” revealed Singer via Twitter. “Hopefully she can improve the weather in Montreal.”

Berry will reprise her role as Storm as part of the film’s time-bending storyline, which will see the X-Men warned of a future threat that will see mutants imprisoned in concentration camps.

The narrative will flit between the present and the future, allowing for the “older” X-Men to appear in the same film alongside their younger counterparts. Hence all the old faces flocking back.

Directed by Singer and co-starring James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender and Jennifer Lawrence, X-Men: Days Of Future Past will open in the UK on 18 July 2014.

Are you pleased to see Berry returning? Tell us, below!

Comments

• JoseyWales

Mar 5th 2013, 10:14

Not especially pleased no. I thought she was a bit of a damp squib in all three X-men. Definitely not the embodiment of such a bold character as Storm.

• Jeffbiscuits

Mar 5th 2013, 10:51

Are they pretending the good Xmen film didn't happen? Just get all the characters back from the crappy Last Stand.

• TheDigitalZombi

Mar 5th 2013, 12:07

I like Halle Berry, but she's wrong for the part. Angela Bassett would make a much better Storm in my opinion.

• PatBateman11

Mar 5th 2013, 12:35

I hope she manages to let us know what actually happens to a toad when it gets struck by lightning...

• Senver

Mar 5th 2013, 13:00

This is beginning to really annoy me. Why the hell is Bryan Singer directing another X-Men film? The guy has been trading off the usual suspects for years, the last three films he has directed... Superman Returns, Valkyrie, Jack the Giant Slayer have been flops and regardless of the praise from critics the first 2 X-Men films are weak and have not aged well, The Last Stand was, at least, an improvement action wise. The only thing worth bringing back is Wolverine. First Class was the best X-men film now he has his grubby mitts on the franchise it it's going to be awful. He is going to drown this film in a sea of coming out analogies and poor action. Isn't the point of a reboot that you don't go and use the same formula?

• Doyle

Mar 5th 2013, 13:32

Senver couldn't agree with you more. Hugely disappointed with how this is turning out.

• SiMan

Mar 5th 2013, 15:24

Regardless of what you think of Berry's performances as Storm, for the sake of continuity, i'm glad she's back on board.

• ilikescifi

Mar 5th 2013, 15:54

but i thought she was too busy with the Catwoman franchise right now

• XakEv01v3d

Mar 5th 2013, 17:47

I had to make an account after reading some of these posts. The reason why X-Men First Class was so successful was because of Bryan Singer. He was unable to direct due to scheduling conflicts with Jack the Giant Slayer, but he did produce the film. I'm not sure if people realize this, but any project Singer attaches himself to, he really invests himself in it. When he came on to produce First Class, he actually re-wrote a lot of the script because he didn't like it. @Senver, it's a shame you dissed the man so much, but I'm also happy to hear you thought First Class was the best X-Men movie (because it was). Show a little more appreciation for the guy who made it happen. I, for one, am very excited for Days of Future Past. I was singing the praises of First Class a year before its release once I found out Singer was attached, and people thought I was crazy because they (like most other people, I assume) thought the franchise was dead. I have complete faith in Bryan Singer, and 20th Century Fox needs to leave all things X-Men in his capable hands.

• FBALeal

Mar 5th 2013, 22:11

I wonder. Will she stop trying to act half-way through the movie and instead show that she has boobs? That is all she ever does anyway.

• FBALeal

Mar 5th 2013, 22:14

Senver. I suggest you watch movies. Good ones. It would at least give you an idea of what it feels to be someone who knows what they are talking about.

• Senver

Mar 5th 2013, 22:14

@XakWv01v3d - Good comments however I think you are overstating his role on First Class. He was credited as a producer along with longtime X-producer Lauren Shuler Donner, Simon Kinberg and Greg Goodman and he received a story credit. I think you are dismissing the talents and influence of Matthew Vaughn and Jane Goldman, the director and co-writers of the film, who had a much bigger part to play in bringing the film to the screen. Also Singer was not first choice for this film, he only came in after Vaughn left to work on a different project. I am showing disappointment that the real creative force behind the best X-Men film (First Class) has left and been replaced by someone who hasn't had a hit in a long time and who I believe lacks the ability to produce a quality comic book adaptation in a world where Avengers and The Dark Knight have set the bar phenomenally high.

• Senver

Mar 5th 2013, 22:31

@XakWv01v3d - Also, Bryan Singer did not 're-write' the first class script.. Singer came up with the idea of Magneto and Xavier in their 20's and added the Cuban Missile Crisis backdrop and wrote the original draft of the script. Ashley Edward Miller and Zack Stentz re-wrote Singer's script after which Singer left the production and changed his role to producer. Vaughn was then hired to direct due to his work on Kick a*s and brought his screenwriting partner (Jane Goldman) to rewrite Miller and Stentz's script, removing storylines and characters.

• Senver

Mar 5th 2013, 22:50

@FBALeal - Why don't you list some of the good films I should watch? I could pretty much guarantee I have seen them all.

• Senver

Mar 5th 2013, 22:51

@FBALeal - Why don't you list some of the good movies I should watch? I could pretty much guarantee I have seen them all

Mar 5th 2013, 23:26

Yup this movie is going to be a complete mess.