Halle Berry talks X-Men: Days Of Future Past

Describes Storm as an "integral part" of the movie

Halle Berry is one of a whole host of familiar faces making their return for Bryan Singer's X-Men: Days Of Future Past, but the star may be slightly restricted in how much action she can get to grips with by the effect of her newly-announced pregnancy.

When asked whether the impending arrival of her second child would mean her pulling out of the film, Berry answered with a firm 'no', but conceded that the filmmakers would have to make allowances for her new situation.

"Storm probably won’t be as badass as she was going to be because we won’t be able to do any fighting or flying or things like that," reveals Berry. "She’ll be different than we originally planned her to be but I still think she’ll be an integral part of this new X-Men movie."

Given that Storm finished X-Men: The Last Stand as Professor Xavier's replacement at Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters, having her involved will be important in binding the two timelines together, so we're glad she's still on board, albeit in a restricted capacity.

Directed by Singer and co-starring James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence and Michael Fassbender, X-Men: Days Of Future Pastwill open in the UK on 18 July 2014.

Are you pleased to see Berry returning for the new film? Tell us, below!

Comments

• trist808

Apr 12th 2013, 8:12

WHAT??? Just re-cast her, Storm shouldn't be on the side-lines, certainly not in this storyline - FFS, Berry isn't even that good in the role.

• DudeLove0492

Apr 12th 2013, 11:43

Id leave her out, Id try and get Nightcrawler back

• Porkchops38g

Apr 12th 2013, 19:27

I didn't think that she was that good. I'm not bothered she'll be more "on the sidelines", however Storm should still be in it and I think recasting would seem weird and wouldn't really connect the two films.

Apr 12th 2013, 22:30

Damn I was hoping for a brief cameo. The less we get to see of Berry acting the better.

• marvelboy

Apr 13th 2013, 11:26

I agree Storm was best in Last Stand as she got a more major role with some better stunts - without flying and fighting she's just going to as annoying as she was in the first "whats happens to a toad when it get struck by lightning ..." I mean Strom is a lot stronger than that - I mean she's the queen of wakanda.

• ilikescifi

Apr 16th 2013, 12:13

HA ha i forgot about the lame toad comment. its not really Halle Berry's fault that the earlier superhero films had no idea how to write a female character. I thought her character was under used and under developed too. and any extra space she was given in the third was overshadowed by the messy, unintentionally misogynist handling of the Jean/Phoenix story