It was tween time at the box office across the pond this Easter as Disney’s Hannah Montana movie took in $34 million.
But while it took the lead, the film only made $3 million more than the Best Of Both Words 3D concert film she opened last year, which arrived in far fewer cinemas.
Back in the world of films more of us would actually watched, Fast & Furious weathered a 59% drop to second place for $28.7 million, handily pushing it over the $100 million mark after only two weeks. Monsters Vs Aliens, meanwhile, took in $22.6 million for third place.
New arrival Observe And Report battled mixed buzz and some controversy to debut at fourth place with $11.1 million, while Knowing dropped one place to fifth and nabbed $6.6 million.
Shockingly – okay, not that shockingly – Dragonball Evolution flopped into the charts at eighth place, surfing toxic reviews and limited awareness for $4.6 million.
Your top 10, then…
- Hannah Montana: The Movie ($34 million)
- Fast And Furious ($28.7 million)
- Monsters Vs Aliens ($22.6 million)
- Observe And Report ($11.1 million)
- Knowing ($6.6 million)
- I Love You, Man ($6.4 million)
- The Haunting In Connecticut ($5.7 million)
- Dragonball Evolution ($4.6 million)
- Adventureland ($3.4 million)
- Duplicity ($3 million)
[Data Source: Box Office Mojo]