Hans Zimmer gives his take on Ben Affleck as Batman

And also hints that he might be persuaded to return

Ever since Ben Affleck was announced as the new Batman in Zack Snyder’s Batman Vs. Superman, the world and his dog have been queuing up to have their say on the casting.

Series regular Hans Zimmer is the latest to throw his two cents in, with the composer giving Batfleck his full support.

“I actually think it’s a really good choice, because number one, he’s a great filmmaker,” says Zimmer. “He’s smart. He wouldn’t have taken it if he had set himself up for a fall.”

“And, you know, he’s a bit older these days and that’s what we need,” continues the composer. “And he’s got a good chin.”

As for whether Zimmer himself might be persuaded to return, he does at least sound more open to the idea than when previously asked.

“I’ll have to think about that one,” said Zimmer. “I might give you a new Batman if I do it.” Batman vs. Superman opens in the US on 17 July 2015, with a UK date to be confirmed.

Do you agree with Zimmer? Tell us, below!

Comments

• SiMan

Sep 4th 2013, 9:08

I still haven't read anything from the MoS cast on this Batman issue (in fact, have we even heard anything from Snyder?). Will be interesting to see what they think of all this. It basically sounds like the studio were not impressed by MoS's box office

Sep 4th 2013, 10:21

Its a bad idea, they should have done an MOS sequel with Lex Luthor, then introduced Batman after the credits. Then it won't feel so rushed.

• njhoraz

Sep 4th 2013, 13:34

I really hope Hans returns to compose for the new movie. What he created for Man of Steel was fascinating.

• Trickycustomer

Sep 4th 2013, 14:45

It's funny how there was an actual batman/superman movie billboard in I am legend. That billboard actually looks better than the one on this page.

• adamwest

Sep 4th 2013, 15:41

so making great films makes him a great choice for batman? pah

Sep 4th 2013, 18:23

I was actually thinking about whether Hans Zimmer would be returning or not, his Man of Steel work was good but he'd have to try and create a new Batman theme. The problem is his TDK work was pretty spectacular.

• GarthMarenghi

Sep 4th 2013, 23:56

Zimmer only used two notes for his last Batman theme and one for his Joker theme. So I think there a few left for him to play with. He could also ask one of the four co-composers who worked with him on Man Of Steel for advice if he gets stuck.

• SiMan

Sep 5th 2013, 10:33

Was no-one else a little disappointed with the MoS score? I was a little surprised there wasn't a specific 'superman theme'. I expected the one used in the trailer, I think the track is called an ideal of hope, to have been used as the theme, but I can't remember that it was. I suppose it would have been almost impossible to compete with John Williams' theme though

• spid2411

Sep 9th 2013, 15:01

Agree with Hadouken76 and endofdays - this is a bad idea no matter who plays him. Too rushed and is really just about making a Justice League movie (also a bad idea). Will not be going to see it - the Nolan Batman films were excellent and will do me. ps Man of Steel sucked too which was a real disappointment as had high hopes for it