Harrison Ford reveals he has discussed Blade Runner 2 with Ridley Scott

Says he’s open to a sequel

A prospective Blade Runner sequel has been mooted for some time now, but the question of Harrison Ford’s potential involvement has remained up in the air.

Initial rumours linking Ford to the project were subsequently scotched by Ridley Scott himself, who revealed that the absence of a finished script meant that no decisions had been made on whether Rick Deckard would be written into the sequel.

However, he didn’t go as far as to rule it out, and now Ford has revealed that he has indeed been in discussions over a possible reappearance.

“Yeah, we’ve been chatting about it,” says Ford in a recent interview with IGN. “I truly admire Ridley as a man and as a director, and I would be very happy to engage again with him in the further telling of this story.”

Ford’s comments fall short of confirming that he will definitely be appearing, but do at least suggest that the prospect is on the table. Assuming of course, that the film actually goes ahead. File this under "one to watch"...

What do you make of Ford's comments? Tell us, below!

Comments

• BobTheSkull

Oct 9th 2013, 12:12

“I truly admire Ridley as a man and as a director, and I would be very happy to engage again with him in the further telling of this story.” So, does this mean they've kissed and made up after they fell out over the difference of opinion on the different endings/cuts? I honestly didn't think Ford would come back. Kinda glad he wants to, if it does indeed go ahead.

• illkillyoulast

Oct 9th 2013, 12:40

great, we can have a 71 year old replicant, a 66 year old terminator, 50 something universal soldiers, so i say bring back peter weller for robocop!!! "your move creep"

Oct 9th 2013, 19:18

Noooooooooooooooooo

• GarthMarenghi

Oct 9th 2013, 23:10

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

• chibik

Oct 10th 2013, 6:26

His status as a replicant isn't canon, though, is it?

• SpecimenB

Oct 10th 2013, 13:36

After what Ridley Scott did with Prometheus, I'm scared to think of a Blade Runner sequel.

• victorgrippi

Oct 10th 2013, 15:37

Ridley just needs a good script. He needs to find a fresh voice who specializes in science fiction and not a writer who pretends to be. If Ford is indeed a replicant, he could disguise himself as a 71 year old man in order to avoid detection in the sequel. Keeps the original Deckard in the story and perhaps he meets a younger version of himself played by a younger actor. A la Looper. Just saying...

Oct 10th 2013, 19:20

That's right blame the writer and ignore the fact Ridley has lost his edge.

• chibik

Oct 11th 2013, 6:21

Meh, I'm not convinced he ever had an "edge". The original Blade Runner was a bit of a mess. Honestly, Prometheus is the best movie I've seen directed by this guy. I say let the man make his sequel – as far as I'm concerned, things can only get better from here.

• spid2411

Oct 11th 2013, 10:44

Blade Runner is one of the best science fiction films ever made (loved the book too) in my opinion - there is no reason to make a sequel so why bother. Prometheus was both pointless and terrible - one of the worst films I think I have ever sat through. So instead of making sequels/prequels to films he made three decades ago, maybe he should make an original sci-fi story. Or is it really just about the studio making money based on the reputation built up from these classic films (the way Lucas did with those three appalling prequels to Stars Wars - Attack of the Clones was so very, very bad..)??

Oct 11th 2013, 17:00

chibik - Please tell me you weren't being serious? Alien, Blade Runner and Gladiator blow Promethues out of the ocean.

• ERDutra

Oct 12th 2013, 0:13

since Ridley did a s***y job with Prometheus I don't think that might work... I think they're just going for easy money/bad movie philosophy... all the good shots from Prometheus could be seen for free in the trailers... so, do not expect me to buy BR#2