Harrison Ford talks Indy 5

Wheels in motion for Crystal Skull follow-up

Harrison Ford’s whip-cracking alter-ego might have taken a critical mauling after his last outing in 2008’s shambolic Kingdom of The Crystal Skull, but it seems you can’t keep a good adventurer down, with plans for a fifth Indiana Jones film apparently gathering pace.

Ford has been talking to the BBC, and has revealed that an idea is in place for the much-rumoured sequel. “Steven (Spielberg) and George (Lucas) and I are sort of agreed on a germ of an idea,” claimed the star. “We’re seeing what comes of it.”

Not that Ford is expecting to dust off his Fedora anytime soon. “The process works like this,” he explained. “We come to some basic agreement and then George goes away for a long time and works on it. Then Steven and I get it in some form, some embryonic form. Then if we like it, we start working with George on it and at some point down the line it’s ready and we do it.”

If this is the sort of timescale we’re looking at, Ford would be knocking on seventy by the time filming starts, which could point towards the start of a new Shia Leboef-led era for the franchise. After all the Transformers star spoke just last year about the possibility of a fifth film.

Whatever happens, let’s just hope that little green men and giant CGI ants are nowhere to be seen.

Do you want to see another Indy film, or should George and Steve leave well alone?

Total Film on Facebook

Comments

• apo1978

Mar 3rd 2010, 13:24

Hell yeah I'm all in for another Indy! It really annoys me the amount of flack KOTCS gets, seems like everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to slate it now. Even certain publications that gave it favourable reviews in the first place *cough*totalfilm*cough. Hardly "shambolic" TF! Sure it wasn't a masterpeice but I think it slots nicely against Temple of Doom as one of the "fun" episodes.

Mar 3rd 2010, 14:25

NOOOOOOO Please don't rape Indy again.

• mstalvski

Mar 3rd 2010, 15:17

You keep saying Indy was panned by critics when all the professional reviews I read were pretty favorable. And, yeah, I loved the film. It certainly wasn't Raiders of the Lost Ark but neither were the two other movies.

• mattburgess

Mar 3rd 2010, 16:19

YES PLEASE! To another Indiana Jones adventure (anyone who doesn't like KOTCS should just NOT watch it, and leave it at that - it won't make the original 3 (great) films worse just because it exists) NO THANK YOU! To George Lucas writing the script - he no longer has a creative bone in his body, and can't write a decent script for toffee.

• Jimbob001

Mar 3rd 2010, 16:36

KOTCS. was very good, unbeleivable story line?, hmmmm, what where ther others about again. oh yeah!.nothing factual!!!, leave the film alone, which should also apply to Mr Lucas!!!

• resipsaloquitor

Mar 5th 2010, 22:49

Hell I'd watch Indy crack the whip from a wheelchair (imagine the comic possibities) but I still reserve the right to b***h if it sucks.

• PocketReviews

Mar 9th 2010, 15:08

I say bring it on! What the heck, I'd watch another one just for fun.