Hugh Jackman has nothing left to lose in new Wolverine image

Plus, details on the trailer

The Wolverine has unveiled a new image online, featuring Hugh Jackman’s titular hero brandishing blood-stained claws that are at odds with his sharp black suit.

The image - and several more besides - can be glimpsed in our on-set coverage of the superhero sequel in issue 205 of Total Film magazine, on sale now.

Seemingly showcasing a lot of what the film has to offer - lone, brooding antihero, lush Japanese settings, adamantium-based weaponry - it’s another intriguing look at a standalone comic-book that has so far kept its card close to its rippling pectorals.

And just at the bottom of the shot? Looks like the victim of Logan's knuckle-blades...

Check out the new image from The Wolverine below:

[Click on the image to see it in hi-res]

According to the official Wolverine Facebook page (which released the image), along with the statement, 'There's nothing left to lose.'

And while we’ve been waiting with bated breath for a teaser trailer, director (and Twitter fiend) James Mangold has announced that we can expect a full teaser on 27 March 2013 (after a sneak peek ‘tweazer’ the day before).

The Wolverine opens in the UK on 26 July 2013.

For much more on The Wolverine, pick up the brand-new issue 205 of Total Film magazine, which is on sale now.

Read a full preview of Total Film magazine - Issue 205

Subscribe to Total Film magazine now and save money on the cover price!

Get the Total Film interactive iPad edition for just £1.99!

And Total Film magazine is now available on your Android device from Google Play!

Are you desperate to see The Wolverine? Drop your comments below…

Comments

• Chufferstud

Mar 19th 2013, 11:19

I think Jackman is a credible actor and he wanted to right the wrong that was Wolverine. I doubt he would have touched this film if it was going to be in anyway bad. So I have high hopes and confidence that is will actually be good.

• mattburgess

Mar 19th 2013, 12:01

I fully expect this film to be bad. It really shouldn't be, it has no reason to be. I just feel like not as much effort would be put into it (like X-Men Origins: Wolverine). But if we can have films of the quality of X1, X2 and First Class, there's no reason they can't all be great... Please don't just do it for the money... Oh how I hope it will be great...

• jakerichardson

Mar 19th 2013, 12:04

Great looking image, took me a while to actually recognise it as the Sydney Chinese Gardens. I bet it'll look totally different in the film, very cool.

• SiMan

Mar 19th 2013, 14:37

Jackman does seem to be the type of actor who listens to fans and takes on board criticisms....but Origins was poor and, although i found it entertaining, lets not forget Van Helsing from back in the day. I'm sure on set he was saying the same types of things.

• FBGRees

Mar 19th 2013, 14:48

agree with mattburgess , make hard hitting like the comic dont compermise dont tone it down unleash the berserker raaaa

Mar 19th 2013, 15:04

Jackman's Wolverine has been ill-served by hacks like Brett Ratner and Origins was badly put together (rushed prologue, roger rabbit CGI, half-hearted Gambit cameo). Mangold did the brilliant Copland and 3:10 to Yuma so at least knows how to tell a good story, but also responsible for Kate and Leopold, Knight and Day so it could go either way.

• mattburgess

Mar 19th 2013, 15:19

Hadouken76 - that amuses me, because I quite enjoyed Knight and Day! Funny how everyone's different. But it certainly boosts my spirits that Mangold did Copland and 3:10 to Yuma. For a while there I was thinking Mangold sounded like another Ratner, or worse Snyder!!

Mar 19th 2013, 17:43

Finally a trailer is coming about bloody time.

• Andy85

Mar 19th 2013, 18:39

@mattburgess hang on hang on, please don't place Snyder below Ratner, fairplay Suckerpunch was complete gash (literally) but DOTD remake was awesome as was Watchmen and 300 aint a bad watch. @endofdays well done einstein, did you read that in the article as well like the rest of us??? Tbh I think Logan is a little overdone now, the first 2 X-Men storylines pretty much revolved around him, he has had a botched stand alone, after this one they should call it a day on his character and move on.

• marvelboy

Mar 20th 2013, 12:17

I agree the fact that there is blood on them claws is a good sign, Wolverine is hopefully going to tackle the rage of Logan (and I'm sure he has plenty of rage since this is set after Last stand) - any cert. rating been release yet ? I would like a 15, but I guess it will be 12 to get money in.

• mattburgess

Mar 20th 2013, 13:13

Andy85 - Snyder doesn't know how to make a good movie without just copying a comic book (although admittedly I haven't seen DOTD yet), and Watchmen as a film was too boring for how long it was. However, having just looked up Ratner on IMDB, I agree that I wouldn't put Snyder below him. How on Earth did a director with Ratner's credits land X3??? Whose bloody idea was that?!

• Andy85

Mar 20th 2013, 21:34

@mattburgess - Good man, a re-think always produces positive results, I mean look what happened to Pete Burns, there is a man who should have had a re-think.

• trist808

Mar 21st 2013, 15:17

I can't wait to see how Silver Samurai looks on the big screen, looking forward to next week's teaser trailer.

• FBJKraynek