Hugh Jackman says he’d love to join the Avengers

“Why isn’t it possible?”

There’s been much talk recently about the character of Quicksilver cropping up in both The Avengers 2 and X-Men: Days Of Future Past, but apparently he isn’t the only mutant with an interest in spanning both franchises…

Hugh Jackman has been talking about the possibility of a series crossover, and has said that he’d love to take Wolverine into the same universe as Iron Man et al.

“One of the great things about (The Wolverine) is that a lot of people from Marvel are here and it seems a lot more inclusive than it has been in the past,” says Jackman.

“I don’t know what’s happening behind the scenes, but I think it’s fantastic. I actually just asked the other day, I said, ‘I don’t know what the legal situation is, but why don’t these companies come together? Why isn’t it possible?’”

“Because personally, I would love to mix it up with Robert Downey Jr. and Iron Man and kick his ass. It’d be great… Consistency is incredible. Who wouldn’t want to be involved with that?”

Given that the X-Men are the jewel in Fox’s crown, we can’t see it happening any time soon, but you never know. Wolverine vs. Iron Man? Maybe one day…

Would you like to see Wolverine join the Avengers? Tell us, below!

Comments

• chibik

May 29th 2013, 8:17

Iron Man vs Wolverine is pretty much the only thing that could make me tolerate a crossover between these movies... and even then I'm not sure it's a good idea. Aside from "Coo Coo Cachoo", the X-Men movies just didn't do it for me. But then, Hulk's movie wasn't that great and he made a fine addition to Avengers.

• marvelboy

May 29th 2013, 9:31

I agree as much as a studio crossover would be epic, I don't think Wolverine is right, I mean in the Comics when Logan is on the Avengers he's just there and does little in comparison to his role in the X-men, I Therefore I think the MCU does not need him at this moment in time

• SiMan

May 29th 2013, 13:04

Avengers Vs X-Men story-arc?

May 29th 2013, 14:37

If only :-(

• LSJShez

May 29th 2013, 14:48

Crossovers can be nothing but good, for all companies involved. All they need to do is sort out who gets what in profits, and who puts up how much money. They really make it harder than it has to be. Stick Wolverine in The Avengers; give Iron Man or The Hulk a role in a X-Men film - everyone wins.

May 29th 2013, 23:10

Hulk Vs Thing from FF, Spiderman vs bathtub plughole.

• 1048jack

May 30th 2013, 7:47

because of schedule conflict with G-1 Champions League, TI3 is delayed. Matches of The International 2013 Eastern Qualifier day 5 were extraordinary fierce. LGD.cn topped upper bracket and became the fifteenth team of TI3. Although their invitation was revoked previously due to roster change, they won Eastern Qualifier which proved their ability. Vici Gaming will face off winner of the combat between Rattlesnake and Rising Stars to fight for the second place. The final winner will compete with dd.Dota to seize the last spot of TI3. from gameguyz