Hugh Jackman talks Wolverine sequel

“There are some really cool ideas”

Last week we heard that Fox are keen to press forward with a sequel to The Wolverine, and now Hugh Jackman has spoken about the discussions he’s had on the matter with director James Mangold.

“I was on the phone with Jim Mangold last night,” says Jackman. “There are some really cool ideas that I’m dying to tell you, but that would be giving away a secret that is not even [fully] formed yet.

"I do want to do it with Jim and with [producer] Lauren Shuler-Donner,” continues Jackman, “because we had such a great experience. I’m really proud of The Wolverine.”

That said, he won’t be rushing into anything until there is a proper story idea in place that justifies him dusting off the claws for the umpteenth time.

“I don’t want to dive into another one until we have a compelling reason to do another one. I love the character, he’s kind of like a best friend to me, and I don’t ever want to take [him] or the fans for granted.

“I think we’ve got a great opportunity to make something really cool, but it has to be great. That’s what we’re all working toward.”

Jackman can next be seen as Wolverine in X-Men: Days Of Future Past, which opens in the UK on 22 May 2014.

What would you like to see from a sequel? Tell us, below!

Comments

Nov 15th 2013, 10:01

I think it's time to put Wolverine back in the suit and bring back Deadpool.

• tjsupin3

Nov 15th 2013, 13:14

It would be cool to see Wolverine up against the Reavers and that would give them an opportunity to try out Lady Deathstrike again. They could introduce another new X-Men (Or bring back Gambit, or Nightcrawler) to fight alongside Wolverine.

• illkillyoulast

Nov 15th 2013, 14:11

wolverine v terminatior? wolverrine v robocop? wolverine v predator? wolverine v aliens? I enjoyed the wolverine but unless they make a really great film why bother making another? pair back the budget, have more fisticuffs rather than massive, expensive set pieces and make it R rated in the US/15 (or even 18) in the UK, simples.

• SiMan

Nov 15th 2013, 14:13

Enemy of the state - my favourite wolverine story. Film it Mr Jackman!

• SiMan

Nov 15th 2013, 14:16

having said that, one thing i don't think they ever did really get across the sense that he was a skilled operative. In the comics, because he's been around so long, he's got a lot of espionage type skill, so i'd like to see them give him a bond-type film. just with, you know, claws and stuff

• zirrassefisu

Nov 17th 2013, 2:52

my best friend's ex-wife makes $66 hourly on the internet. She has been out of work for eight months but last month her income was $19872 just working on the internet for a few hours. why not try these out ..............................WWW.TEC30.COℳ

• AnnPeters3

Nov 17th 2013, 7:35

my dads buddy recently purchased a nice 12 month old Cadillac CTS-V Wagon by working part time off of a macbook. Look At This A­ℙ­ℙ­2­0­0­.­­c­ℴ­m